Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All encompassing mod suggestions-Civ3finaledit

Hi Guys,

Well, don't ask me how it happened, but somehow the original post I put here containing all my suggestions for modifications to the civ3 game has gone MISSING!!!! So I post it here again for your convenience.

As I said before, I thank all those great mod makers whose ideas I have used to fill in the blanks (such as Korn, Gramphos et al), and I hope someone out there will put my ideas to good use.

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker

EDIT: By the way guys, if any of you have any comments or constructive criticisms about my ideas, please feel free to let me know, and I'll make the neccessary changes.

I've added a new Small Wonder called "Religious Capitol", which basically symbolises the spiritual "heart" of a nation-and represents such structures as
    St Peters Bassilica in Rome, Temple Mount in Jerusalem and even the Acropolis in Athens (which is why it's available with Polytheism!) I confess though that I feel the name I've chosen for this wonder is completely WEAK and would accept any suggestions on what a better name might be!!

Yours, The_Aussie_Lurker
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The_Aussie_Lurker; January 7, 2002, 19:20.

"Sacred City" would be a better name.

I thought about adding a strategic resource called Shrine, which comes visible with Monotheism (or possibly later). A Sacred City would require a Shrine within the city radius. To build a Cathedral, you need access to a Shrine.
    The difference between industrial society and information society:
    In an industrial society you take a shower when you have come home from work.
    In an information society you take a shower before leaving for work.

Comment

Actually, I had thought of having a new strategic resource called "Religious Zeal", available in deserts, hills, mountains, jungles and forests. This resource would then be needed to build ALL religious improvements, as well as my much vaunted Crusader!! Anyway, thanks for the suggestion on the name. Any other suggestions and ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Yours,
      The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Heck what were these suggestions (excel file) doing in the files forum?

Why didn't anyone react when they were moved?

Anyone who want to turn this into a BIC?
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hi Gramphos,

Actually, I was a little shocked myself when I saw this here, as it was by NO MEANS my intent to see it anywhere except in the Creation Forum (as I hoped it would prove useful to Mod Creators!) I didn't say anything myself becuase I didn't want it to appear like I was telling others how to do their jobs!
          Anyway, sorry about the mess I caused, and thanks for all the great work you've done here!

Yours,
          The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Working...
          X