Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do I only see 8 other civs, but I have contacted 12.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do I only see 8 other civs, but I have contacted 12.

Any idea how I see the other 4 civs in a 12 civ game? It appears the limit on the Diplomat screen is 8, or am I missing something.

Thanks,
    claggie96

You can only see 8 at a time. You can replace any of those 8 with one of the remaining 4 by holding down the SHIFT key and right clicking on the face you want to replace.

It's terribly annoying....
    Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Let's just hope it will be fixed in the next patch (Firaxis, can we have a word?)
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ADG
        Let's just hope it will be fixed in the next patch (Firaxis, can we have a word?)
        not sure if there is room in the screen...
        unless they make all heads smaller
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

i doubt they'd go w/ smaller heads

hehe
          ---
          AI expansion is bad.
          Corruption is worse!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            not sure if there is room in the screen...
            unless they make all heads smaller
            I'd prefer to have smaller heads (If the size is changed on how many nations you have contact with) than to only be able to see half the nations.

They could also make a scrollbar in the room (But I don't think that will look great, so I prefer not )
            This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by ****gyRA
              You can only see 8 at a time. You can replace any of those 8 with one of the remaining 4 by holding down the SHIFT key and right clicking on the face you want to replace.

It's terribly annoying....
              Thanks for that. I'm not sure that was exactly intuitive somehow, why wasn't that hint shown on the screen. I don't mind obscure power-user feautures being hidden, but that seems a bit major

Comment

What if you use the shortcut to start diplomacy? Maybe this will show all the civs the option box that pops up. There is a small tab to the right of the info box (which contain active unit, gold, gov type ect) labelled 'D'. You can also access this by either ctrl-D or shift-D - can't remember which one is disband unit and which is diplomacy.

If this doesn't work do we have any suggestions on which Civs head should be made smaller? French? American? English? I'm not too hot on history so I'm not sure which leader would have the least grey matter to accomodate (plus I'll leave it to others to be controversial). If it was present leaders it would be an easy choice!
                Last edited by Baldrick; January 9, 2002, 11:58.

Comment

Working...
                X