MAP: Real World Map 180x180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAP: Real World Map 180x180

I've added a player start tool by Gramphos. See http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=37749

All the Civs should start in their correct locations, if you use this tool.

It's very simple to use. It includes a "cpt" file, a "readme" file, and the start locations marked as "earth180". The readme that Gramphos made should explain it. I figured it out and I'm pretty much a computer idiot.

Let's try again, since the server change has apparently wiped this thread out twice.

I've made a larger 256x256 map (It's already on the "Files" board), but it really bogs down on many computers so I made this smaller one, 180x180.

Once again there are 2 maps in the download.
    1. Cities - uses grassland tiles to indicate where real world cities are.
    2. Terrain - uses grassland more naturally (I hope)

Incans once again have replaced Iroquois.

Comments?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Selanne; January 6, 2002, 18:17.
    "It is not given to man to know what is right and what is wrong. Men always did and always will err and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong."

Yeah, when I try to start a new game with your world map, all the Civs are in the wrong place. Like the Zulus starting in germany and the Japanese in south america, etc. Is this normal, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Comment

Ia mnot sure if there's a "Randomize starting locations" option available, but make sure you do not have it selected.

Btw, Selanne, niiice handle!
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

MisterV the player starting locations tool by Gramphos has now been included. Follow the directions in Gramphos' readme file and it should all work out.

Kassiopeia, I had the pleasure of seeing him play many times in Winnipeg, before he was traded.
        "It is not given to man to know what is right and what is wrong. Men always did and always will err and in nothing more than in what they consider right and wrong."

Comment

Something is wrong with this, when I try to download your attachment, all I get is a null file called "attachment" with no file extension on it. I can't seem to download attachments from any other threads either. What's going on?

Comment

Open the attachment using "winzip". My file will have 2 maps and three files from Gramphos. One of these has been modified with starting locations for my maps.

Comment

Selanne, great map. I've had Civ3 for over two months now and yesterday with your map was the first instance of slack-jawed four hour gaming nirvana I've had. I tried your 256 x 256 map, and I dont have a slow rig, but it was still unplayable. This map is just as good, and a more managable size. No complaints from me. Good work
              God protect me from my friends, I can protect myself from my enemies.

Comment

Working...
              X