I have 2 cities with exactly same setting:

Barrack (from wonder)
    Granary (from winder)
    Near river (no need for aqeduct)
    size of 6
    full food box
    positive pop growth
    waste: 1 shield

The net output is between 6 and 9 shields. It is in industrial era. I get one worker every turn, even though it says completion in 2 turns. The city remains at size 6 and foodbox remains full.

This must be a bug. I wish I can get tanks this fast.
    Last edited by cheerful; December 24, 2001, 16:36.

Umm, if its getting one worker a turn it is probably growing to size 7 and then making the worker with increased production. If you have a granary the food box will be full when you go down to pop 6 from 7 so it can grow every turn.

This is a powerful way to grow other cities to whatever size you need.

Comment

Turn woes

That is correct, your city is growing 1 (the full box) so when the turn comes and 1 is subtracted, it remains the same city size.

I've also seen this: Mexico City has demonstrators and finally production ceases, smoke is coming out of the city, etc, but I click on the city and everyone is happy!

Again, the city was unhappy, they STARVEd, population dropped by 1 and by the time I click they are back to happy again.

It's not a bug, but they 'checked the wrong conditional', reporting incorrect information. Hope this helps.
      Castle Wolfenstein or Civilization 3? So little time...

Comment

No. It has to be a bug.

1. When the city grows by one, the foodbox will become EMPTY. However, in my game, the foodbox remains full.

2. It taks 2 turns to build the worker since the city is producing less than 10 shields and the city description confirms it. But I get worker EVERY turn. It has been well over 10 turns already and it does not seem to stop at time soon.

3. Once I allow the city to grow to size 7 and empty the foobbox, this behavior is gone. But as soon I reduce it to size 6, the worker will continue to march out of the city.

Comment

WOW! That means that you can walk that worker to another city and increase that city's population by 1. On average you can get 1 free pop point (in some) city) every turn.

If this isn't a bug it sure is a good cheat!

John-SJ

Comment

No, when the city grows, the food box only becomes half empty, due to the granery. Then you make a worker, bringing you back down to size 6. The reason the box is still full is that between size 6 and 7 the amount of food needed to grow doubles, meaning half of the size 7 box is full in the size 6 box...

Comment

Originally posted by Random Loser
              No, when the city grows, the food box only becomes half empty, due to the granery. Then you make a worker, bringing you back down to size 6. The reason the box is still full is that between size 6 and 7 the amount of food needed to grow doubles, meaning half of the size 7 box is full in the size 6 box...
              Are you sure about this? I think the purpose of the granary is to reduced the foodbox size to half once you fill it up. I am not sure about the foodbox size change between size 6 and size 7. But I doubt the size of the foodbox will double (required to use bottom of size-7 box to fill the full size-6 box).

I am at work now . Can anyone test it?

Comment

Originally posted by Random Loser
                Are you sure the foodbox size doubles from size 6 to size 7? I think it only grows by 10 more wheats.

Besides, my city is producing less than 10 shields per turn -- it says 2 turns are needed to build a worker.

Comment

This has been documented extensively in the strategy forum. See La Fayette's thread "the size six strategy."

Comment

Working...
                  X