No colored lines in foreign advisor screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No colored lines in foreign advisor screen

Weird thing I noticed....hope it's not only me.

Can someone tell me why the colored lines used to signify peace, war, right-of-passage, mutual protection, embargos, etc. don't always show up connecting the faces on the foreign advisor screen??? It doesn't matter which government I use, they just disappear at random it seems, only to reappear several turns later (if at all). I have embassies with all civs and even spies with a few of them, so I don't think it's because I lack sufficient information. This sucks for obvious reasons and I was wondering if there is something I am overlooking, or if it's just another case of shoddy programming...

You are using the first Patch release, which had the wrong executable in it. The second patch release (which has the same version number) fixes this problem.

Download the patch again, install it according to the instructions, and the problem will be fixed.

It worked for me when I had this problem.
    None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

Didn't work for me, though...
      I have the lines upon starting a new game, until I access the Military advisor (possibly any other advisor than foreign, haven't checked). When I check f4 after that, the lines are gone. I'm also experiencing some corruption of the tech lines. Earlier today they were just really faint, gray lines, only to return to the normal red arrows after I started another game. After a few hundred years of so, the lines were a bit weird, not really connecting with the tech boxes...

The real annoying part is that I didn't have the problem before the patch, only after...

My specs are

Tbird 1,333/266 512 DDR
      geForce2 MX400, 64 megs
      Win98
      Detonator 23.11
      DirectX8.0a
      Latest OpenGL driver (according to GLsetup, at least)

If anyone has ANY suggestions, please do tell, I'm getting frustrated here.
      How To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity

10. Ask people what sex they are. Laugh hysterically after they answer.

Comment

Color Lines? I've never seen them.

They weren't there before the Patch (yes, the correct one) and they are not there now. I tried the whole uninstall/reinstall bit, but that didn't work. I've made the settings changes recommended in the readme file too.

On the bright side the game has only crashed once so far...

Comment

Working...
        X