Me dummy please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me dummy please help...

I didnt know this was posible until I have read that someone said it.

How do you know what tech the other Civs have that You dont or they dont have that you do?

What I did was talk to them and ask for a trade and see what shows up on the screen. Is that the only way to check or is there a screen you can go to?

I went to the Advisors screen and don't see anything like it.

Can anyone help me?

Davor

Well you are right there is no other way to know if any other civs know technologies other than to negotiate. There are however two other signs:
    1. Your Science advisor in his screen will provide comments - there could be 3 kinds:
    a We're backward people - you are 2 or more techs behind average level
    b We are moderately advanced - you are about the same with most of the others
    c We are technically advanced! - you are ahead of all others by some techs.
    2. The price other civs offer for your techs - basically if you are the only civ to discover this tech i.e. the only one whom they theoretically can buy it from - the offers will be high. If some other civs also know the tech in question (i.e. it is in wider supply) prices go down.
    Note1: AI generally offers higher prices for techs that give Wonders which increase the number of content citizens, even if those do not lead anywhere. Thus the price for Free Artistry (gives Shakespears Theater- 8 citizens made content in building city) could be substantially higher that price of, for example Electricity, even though the former is one age behind and is not necessary for completion of Middle Ages Era.
    Note2. You could only give/trade techs for which the receipient civ has necessary requirements. I.e. if a civ does not have Metallurgy you can not offer them Military Tradition even though you have it. Secondly it is impossible to give some era advances to civs which are still in the previous age i.e. if you are Germans and you are in Modern Age you will not be able to trade Rocketry to Babylon who are still in Industrial age.

Comment

Thanks

I never knew that. Thank you very much for the tips. I will keep them in mind.

Davor

Comment

That's an excellent answer from wisecat.

His point about not necesssarily being able to trade just Rocketry is a good one, as you may one day want to do just that.

You need Aluminium to start the spaceship building and it won't appear as a resource on anyone else's map until they get the Rocketry tech.

So, if you get stuck with no Aluminium on your land you may have to resort to selling or giving enough techs to a rival civ until they can "discover" it and trade you some (if they have a surplus, which is of course not assured). As wisecat says, this can involve trading or giving them quite a lot of previous techs if they're well behind you.

Comment

Working...
        X