Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Classico Desktop

Greeting all!

I really missed all the neo-classical flavorings put into CivI; they just made one feel “worldly” and all the videos in CivII. I think CivIII is too cartoonish or geared for younger folks in its art styling.

Further, I simply cannot get a taste for the desktops offered by the official Civ site for very similar reasons.

Anyway, I decided to do something about it. So I made something reminiscent of my first beloved computer game.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by darkangel; December 19, 2001, 19:43.
    Hail,
    DarkAngel
    Citizen of the World

The image

This is the image:
    Attached Files
    Hail,
    DarkAngel
    Citizen of the World

Comment

Wow! Did you create that from scratch, because it looks abosutely amazing?
      However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I cannot take credit for the base lady and adornments image. I swiped them [it] from the original Civ, modified, and augmented as necessary
        Hail,
        DarkAngel
        Citizen of the World

Comment

Working...
        X