No announcement yet.

The ****ing game just crashes in the middle of the AI turn! GRRR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dude, just start a new game. It's only with this individual game, right? So it's no big deal.
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

well.. i'm having the same problem.. with the last two games i've played.. i'd start another game if i thought i could play it to a finish..
      I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

How much of a memory hog is CivIII? I had a problem with the game crashing frequently, but when I tried some diagnostic software designed for another game, I discovered that one of my memory sticks was corrupt. I fixed the memory problem, and haven't had CivIII crash since.

Comment

my last two games got up to about 250 megs of ram..
          I spend most my money on Wine, Women and Song.. the rest i just waste.

Comment

It is now time for all good players on this thread with crashes to:

Uninstall the game. You might want to copy your saved games and your highscore list to someplace safe first.

Delete the Civ folder or at least anything that might remain in the main Civ 3 folder. If you have modded things though I recommend doing away with the subfolders as well.

THEN reinstall the game.

Then BEFORE you try the game install the 1.29f patch.

It looks like you have a corrupted file or two. Most likely the main .exe.

You may want to redownload the patch first. A corrupted download could be the problem although any flaw should show when it is decompressed before installation. Sometimes this does not occur even though the a patch has a flaw.

Gramphos how could you, a programmer, not know what a BSOD is?

Comment

Originally posted by Ethelred
              Gramphos how could you, a programmer, not know what a BSOD is?
              , I knew that, just could't remember that abbreviation at the time.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
              X