Questions and their answers....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions and their answers....

This idea was discussed in another thread. We would like this thread to contain only questions and answers to make it easier to find pertinent information.

The list of questions I propose (as of now)
    1. How do I create embassies?
    After you have writing you can create embassies with other civs you have met by either clicking on the D in the lower right hand window or by clicking on the embassy Icon on your capitol.

2. How do I terminate existing agreements/trade contracts with other civs?
    On the foreign advisor window click on existing trades at the bottom and you may cancel it there.

3. Is there a way to see what is being traded between other civs?
    Not that I know of.....

4. How to load an army?
    I have never gotten a great leader because I usually emphasize building instead of fighting....

5. Is there a way to unload units from an army?
    No you cannot unload units from an army, nor can they be upgraded - they thought it would make them too powerful

6. How do I upgrade units and what are the requirements?
    They must be located in a city with barracks and you click on the upgrade unit button at the bottom of the screen or press "u" key to upgrade the unit

7. Is it possible to uprgrade units within armies?
    No they cannot....

8. When are resources created?
    Resources are created at map generation

9. Why do lines disappear from Foreign/Military Advisor screen and how to fix it?
    This is a problem that started with the new patch and will hopefully be fixed with the next one.

10. Why do weird boxes appear in Demographics screen and how to fix it?
    I have not seen those....

11. Why do I get no Diplomatic Agreements/Trade Maps option in diplomacy screen?
    Not sure... Sorry.
    12. How do I plant a spy?
    Once you have espionage the option becomes available

13. How do I conduct espionage?
    Have not tried any yet....

14. Why my Military Advisor does not display the armies of my "friends and neighbors"?
    I am not sure of this but I do believe you need to have a spy planted in the embassy first (not documented that I could find in the manual but I read it on another thread somewhere)

I think this is a good start, anyone else have any questions (or answers)
    I came, I saw, I got whooped....

11. Why do I get no Diplomatic Agreements/Trade Maps option in diplomacy screen?
    You do not have the required tech to make maps if you can't get the Trade Maps option. You will not be able to form Diplomatic Agreements with another civ until you establish an embassy with them.

12. How do I plant a spy?
    Once you have espionage and have built the small wonder "Intellegence Agency" a pentagon icon will appear next to the city that this wonder is built in. Double-click on this icon and you will be able to plant spies.

13. How do I conduct espionage?
    Press the "E" in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Depending on whether you have embassies/spies in the AI civs your espionage options will change.

16. How do I use a GL (Great Leader) to rush a wonder?
    Take your great leader to the city building the wonder you want to rush. When your leader is in the city and activated, you will see two buttons above the fortify, wait, etc. buttons. When you put the mouse cursor over them, one says something like "hurry improvement" and the other says "make army". Push the "hurry improvement" button and your wonder will go down to one turn and your leader will disappear.

17. How do I use a GL to form an army and how do I load units in it once it is made?
    When your GL is activated in a city, you will see the two buttons mentioned in #16, push the "make army" button and you GL will form an army. The army is a seperate unit that you load other units into. You can either move the units onto the square you GL is in and it will ask if you want to load the units into the army or you can select units in the same square as the army unit and select the load button.

18. What are those crazy explosions above my cities?
    Those are your people shooting off fireworks celebrating WLTKD (We love the King Day), it is a good thing so don't worry.
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Working...
    X