Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Huge Problem With my Geforce2 Plese HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge Problem With my Geforce2 Plese HELP!

I have called civ 3's support 3 times the 3rd time they said that they didn't know what elce to do. When i Go into a game within a few minutes it gets all fussy and distorted and crashes my computer. You name it and i probably have tried it and nothing seems to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas?

My system is
    AMD 1600
    Geforce 2 Ti
    Windows XP

Plese help Thanks.

Have you checked the posts regarding Win XP?

Also, what driver version are you running?

Comment

I downloaded the latest driver but that din't help. its making my comp give me a serious error message every time i start up. now iv'e givven up on the game and am trying to fix that. Does anyone know how to swich drivers i can get as far as to the advanced settings in the diplay properties but then im not shue where to go i tred driver selection but couldent find a way to change it back to my old driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Insigna
        Does anyone know how to swich drivers i can get as far as to the advanced settings in the diplay properties but then im not shue where to go i tred driver selection but couldent find a way to change it back to my old driver.

In Device Manager, open up Display Adapters and right-click on your video card, then select properties. But before you do this, read the rest of my post below!

/me reaches deep down into my tech library

Here are a couple links to various versions of nVidia drivers:

日本で一番人気! 海外取引所なら「バイビット」 入金ボーナスあり 新規顧客の皆さまを対象に特別キャンペーン実施中 バイビット口座開設はこちら

Browse these sites and download some drivers... (I recommend the 12.6x or 14.6x for testing.)

Here's how to uninstall the video driver properly (from Creative's site): Run any uninstall from Add/Remove Programs. These frequently are not totally thorough but should be done anyway.
        After you reboot, delete these files if found:

In C:\Windows\System: nv*.*, bc*.*, bls*.*, 3dbg*.* (the latter 3 only apply to Creative drivers)
        In C:\Windows\Inf: drvdata.bin, drvidx.bin, 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf
        In C:\Windows\Inf\Other: 3dbg*.inf, nv*.inf

Run regedit and delete the following:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Creative Tech\Blaster Control 3.0
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Controls Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\Blaste r Control 3.0
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Controls Folder\Device\shellex\PropertySheetHandlers\NVTwea k
        (look under Controls Folder\Display as well as Device keys here for Blaster Control or NVTweak keys)
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run
        (look for bcdetect or NVInitialize entries on the right side and delete them but not the whole Run key. Also, check the RunOnce key for the same entries)
        HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\OpenGLdrivers
        (delete the RIVATNT entry on the right side)

Be careful with the registry editing - there is no undo.

Anyway, good luck!

Comment

Wow! thanks, but i think it is to late tech support said just reinstal XP since there was not much on my brand new comp im not too pissed off.
          What does piss me off is that it seems that windows XP+ Geforce2 titanium with DDR = no civ
          i don't know why they would sell a game that doesn't work.
          I doub't they would adress this in a patch

Anyway i wonder if anyone elce has this same problem with my same computer stats. If you do maby we can try to tell the Civ people to fix this problem. Well thanks for the help anyways, I will be waiting for Civ 4 or CTP 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Insigna
            Wow! thanks, but i think it is to late tech support said just reinstal XP since there was not much on my brand new comp im not too pissed off.
            What does piss me off is that it seems that windows XP+ Geforce2 titanium with DDR = no civ
            i don't know why they would sell a game that doesn't work.
            I doub't they would adress this in a patch

Anyway i wonder if anyone elce has this same problem with my same computer stats. If you do maby we can try to tell the Civ people to fix this problem. Well thanks for the help anyways, I will be waiting for Civ 4 or CTP 3.
            Wow! Talk about overkill.

Again, check the other threads in this forum; many of them address XP and Civ.

And make sure you get XP's raging security hole(s) patched!

Comment

Working...
            X