Weird stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird stuff

Okay, I tried to install the game on my parents computer for the upcoming holidays. Big mistake.
    AMD K6 384MB RAM SiS 6326 Video
    Win 98 5GB HD

1. Weird fonts, credits look like an hour glass. Deleting Sans fonts did not help.
    2. Cannot start a new game without crashing. The tutorial did not crash but the fonts made it impossible to play.

There must be something different between this computer any my computer. We have the exact same processor and operating system. They have a newer monitor, and more memory. This leaves the video card, no?
    I will try to update drivers...

Driver didn't help

It still crashes after choosing the maps in new game. Fonts are still garbled. I'm stumped.
    There must be something missing or extra on one of these computers, because they are almost identical in hardware.

Forgot to mention... the error was a divide by zero error....
    Last edited by merrimtc; December 17, 2001, 17:37.

Comment

Divide by zero doesn't sound like a hardware problem...perhaps a bad install? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling? I know this sounds like a lame answer but installs don't always go flawlessly.

After you reinstall (or install any program for that matter) you should always reboot before launching the program so Windows can update any system files that have been added or altered.

Just out of curiosity, what chipset does your vid card use?

Comment

Tried

I tried reinstalling twice and rebooting several times. I'm not at the computer, so I can't say what the video set is. I heard of a similar problem relating to the copyright protection. I hate my dad's computer. He's running Linix on it, and who knows how many other engineering software packages, so I don't doubt it is a software conflict..

Comment

Working...
        X