Post-patch crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-patch crashes

Hey, if someone can provide come help with this...will try to supply more specifics later (am at work now).

Ever since I installed the patch, I've been having periodic crashes. I will play for a good while, many turns, and then I will get an error message saying their was a general protection fault in kernel.dll etc. etc.

This always happens on my turn, not in between, and it seems to happen when I click on a unit. If I reload the autosave, the game continues fine for a long while, but invariably it will eventually crash.

I'm playing on a large size map with 12 civs total. I've used the editor to change some things, but nothing major. Although I've wondered how much changing worker rates will effect things (such as changing governments and their rates are halved...what if its an odd number at first?)

Specs:

AMD- 400 MHz
    256 mb of Ram
    16 mb Banshee vid card
    SoundBlaster 64
    Windows 95

Now, one thing to note is that I just installed a 128 MB RAM upgrade, about the same time as I installed the patch. Could this chip be causing the problem? I'm computer-unsavvy, so no idea.

Oh, and I have installed a few mods besides the patch, such as Snoopy's terrain graphics and the new Wonder screens with more info (I think that's all)

Any ideas and help would be appreciated.

Cheers.
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Sorry to say that your only recourse might be to restart a new game. I got the same error, but it was happening no matter what at a certain year in my game. I tried reloading back a few turns and changing things around, but it didn't help.

Comment

Working...
    X