Help with TV/monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TV/monitor

Due to space constraints at my townhome, I have put together a stereo-rack-sized computer that uses my 32" TV as a monitor. The best resolution I can get is 24-bit color, 800x600. For text, thiis is a bit tough on the eyes, but gfx look great.

Problem is, after the splash screen, the game shuts down. I had no problem on my old system (amd k6-2 350 MHz was a bit slow, but it worked).

I was looking forward to CIV3 on my new PIII-900 on the TV, but will the game not run at any resolution other than 1024x768 or higher?

Thanks,
    Eric

unfortunately, you can't run at 800*600. Too bad, keeps me from playing on my 800*600 laptop.

Comment

As an update, I heard about an idea that someone got to work on a laptop, and may work on a TV too...

If you get get the settings to take hold at 1024x768 (by connecting to external monitor and configuring for that one), and then switch the physical display to one at a lower resolution, you might be able to get it to display. You just have to contend with both the normal civ3 scrolling AND the windows desktop scrolling at the same time.

I'll see if I can try that in the next day or so. I'll post here if it works...

Eric

Comment

I have a Gateway Destination 31'' Tv/Monitor.

It will only display in 800x600, but it still runs. Just looks a little blurry.
        "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
        "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
        "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker
          I have a Gateway Destination 31'' Tv/Monitor.

It will only display in 800x600, but it still runs. Just looks a little blurry.
          Did you have to do anything special to get it to run, or just the standard install? Also, are there any significant differences between the Gateway destination monitors and any other TV with A/V ports (like my Sharp 32" TV)?

Thanks
          Eric

Comment

Isn't there anyway to hack into the game and force it to allow 800x600? I know it would not be optimized, but atleast then we would be able to play it on older laptops. (Or in the case of my girlfriend, a cheap laptop provided by the college that doesn't support higher than 800x600!!!) Maybe we could send a petition to Firaxis asking them to change it to atleast allow the game to run on small er screens.
            DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
            EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
            AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Working...
            X