Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moderators, how about some permanent thread to answer some basic questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderators, how about some permanent thread to answer some basic questions?

Hello, Moderators!
    As everybody must have noticed there seems to be some limited number of questions which seem to re-occure forever - like "How do I establish embassies" and "How to cancel existing diplomatic agreements".
    Of course answering those is a great way to improve post counts....
    but nevertheless, how about establishing some thread which will permanently stay on first page and answer some of those basic questions?

So true, the problem is that nobody has taken the time to do so.

But, I'm almost sure that Ming or Markos would top such a thread if created by someone, especially if that person updated it with more questions all the time.

Why don't you do one yourself?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

This has already been "topped" in the general section
      I came, I saw, I got whooped....

Comment

Originally posted by Gutz
        This has already been "topped" in the general section
        The General forum, I never read the topped threads there

In fact I only go there when there are no new posts in Creation, Files or Help.

Comment

Seems to me the thread could be a little more specific to questions through - getting to be mostly complaints and such again....

Comment

The list of questions I propose (as of now)
            1. How do I create embassies?
            2. How do I terminate existing agreements/trade contracts with other civs?
            3. Is there a way to see what is being traded between other civs?
            4. How to load an army?
            5. Is there a way to unload units from an army?
            6. How do I upgrade units and what are the requirements?
            7. Is it possible to uprgrade units within armies?
            8. When are resources created?
            9. Why do lines disappear from Foreign/Military Advisor screen and how to fix it?
            10. Why do weird boxes appear in Demographics screen and how to fix it?
            11. Why do I get no Diplomatic Agreements/Trade Maps option in diplomacy screen?
            12. How do I plant a spy?
            13. How do I conduct espionage?
            14. Why my Military Advisor does not display the armies of my "friends and neighbors"?

Comment

Here are answers to ones I do know - please correct me if I am mistaken..

The list of questions I propose (as of now)
              1. How do I create embassies?
              After you have writing you can create embassies with other civs you have met by either clicking on the D in the lower right hand window or by clicking on the embassy Icon on your capitol.

2. How do I terminate existing agreements/trade contracts with other civs?
              On the foreign advisor window click on existing trades at the bottom and you may cancel it there.

3. Is there a way to see what is being traded between other civs?
              Not that I know of.....

4. How to load an army?
              I have never gotten a great leader because I usually emphasize building instead of fighting....

5. Is there a way to unload units from an army?
              No you cannot unload units from an army, nor can they be upgraded - they thought it would make them too powerful

6. How do I upgrade units and what are the requirements?
              They must be located in a city with barracks and you click on the upgrade unit button at the bottom of the screen or press "u" key to upgrade the unit

7. Is it possible to uprgrade units within armies?
              No they cannot....

8. When are resources created?
              Resources are created at map generation

9. Why do lines disappear from Foreign/Military Advisor screen and how to fix it?
              This is a problem that started with the new patch and will hopefully be fixed with the next one.

10. Why do weird boxes appear in Demographics screen and how to fix it?
              I have not seen those....

11. Why do I get no Diplomatic Agreements/Trade Maps option in diplomacy screen?
              Not sure... Sorry.
              12. How do I plant a spy?
              Once you have espionage the option becomes available

13. How do I conduct espionage?
              Have not tried any yet....

14. Why my Military Advisor does not display the armies of my "friends and neighbors"?
              I am not sure of this but I do believe you need to have a spy planted in the embassy first (not documented that I could find in the manual but I read it on another thread somewhere)

Hope this helps and I hope someone answers your other questions

Comment

Well, we could make one of our own (using some of the questions in that thread, and answering some ourselves.

Comment

Gutz, thanks for answering, but that's not the point. I do know the answers to all these questions.
                  What I was trying to say that these questions are so common that it will make sence to create some sort of permanent thread (one of those that are always at the top of page one of the forum) that will answer these questions. I have seen them asked many-many times. Please do read the beginning of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                  X