Patch: Editor in German???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch: Editor in German???

Gosh... After installing the patch, I first started the editor to make the some small changes.

But what do I have to see? The editor is in german...

Yes, I do live in germany, but I've buyed the so called 'special edition' which is in fact the original american version of civ3 and it's in english... As I'm an addicted scenario creator, the english version is a MUST have for me, also, I do not like the translation...

Well, I deinstalled the whole game, changed all country and language settings to either USA or English (Win98: Keyboard, resp. language, Country settings and even the time zone) and reinstalled civ and the patch.

But no... the editor still appears in german after the patch...

Does anyone have an idea how to make that bloody patch to install itself in english... ??

The editor has more then one language in the same exe, and Windows selects a language.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Well, all my windows settings are set to english....

Comment

but you have German Widows, right?

Comment

I just tested to change my national settings to German (Standard), and I got the German editor. Can you set yours to English (US)

Comment

thx for your help Gramphos,

Yes, windows is in german, but this shouldn't be the problem if you change the country settings (in theory of course....)

Perhaps I missed some settings. I changed the following:

Win 98 SE:

County settings: English (USA), changed from German (Switzerland)

Keyboard setting: English (USA), changed from German (Switzerland)

I still get the editor in german... Maybe it's a win98 thingi...

Comment

I have Win98SE. It was enough to change the National Settings to German (Standard) for me to get most of the editor in German. (At least all the dialogs.)

Comment

Thx for your help, perhaps my windows is completly messed up, I should reinstall it I guess. Anyway, it is not a catastrophe as long as the game stays in English I can live with a German editor. Thx again.

Comment

Working...
                X