Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game crashed between turns, save attached

Hi everyone,

I can't pass 1951 in my current game. After at least one other civ takes its turn, the game crashes. It always seems to crash at the same point, with the same error.

I've attached the save. All I have to do is hit return for the next turn and wait a bit to generate the crash.

I haven't used the editor at all. I'm running the game under windows 2000 on a dual Athlon MP 1600 system, with half a gig of ram and tons of disk space. The game is patched with the correct (second) patch.

Any advice people can give me would be much appreciated!!! I really liked the way this game was going, and would like to finish it.

John

Hey, where is that game. Did you zip it?

Do you have the patch?
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I thought I attached the save... let me try again.
      Attached Files

Comment

Testing ...
        Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

It is a divide by 0 at a certain point. I don't know why yet. I'll turn on full sight and test again so that I can see what unit that moves when it happens.

Comment

I can't figure out why it happens , but it is most likely a unit that does something unalowed. If you find out what unit (type and ownder that is tha last to move, I might check on it again.)

Comment

Er, yes ... it crashes out all right. The Egyptian battleship fired a couple of salvos off and then windows launches into its 'creating an error log'.

Lurvely.

BTW, that's a great map you're on there... much more interesting than the last one or two games i've played. What are the settings?
              Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

Comment

I'm going to reboot and try again.

Comment

Same thing. Yes, Divide by Zero.

Now, it's obvious that the computer has all battle sequences etc mapped out before you are shown them ... the same things happen with the same results every time you play the turn.

The battleship (yours, someone elses ... hard to tell) sinks the Roman Cruiser ... then it crashes.

I would suggest that you go back a couple of years (auto save) and try again ... or did you say that you had done this?

Comment

I'm having the same problem. I make it to 1986 then the sound goes into a loop and the XP error report pops up. The game then crashes to the desktop. Bummer! I have a lot time invested in this game.

Comment

I've tried going back one turn, and it didn't help. I'll have to go back a few more and try.

Yeah, it's a nice map. I like having mostly mid-sized islands, and a lot of water for good naval battles.

It was set to the middle archipelago setting, I believe. I really lucked out... it's my favorite map and game so far. Hopefully I'll figure out a way to fix it.

Thanks for looking at it, guys!

John

Comment

Originally posted by Kolyana
                        Er, yes ... it crashes out all right. The Egyptian battleship fired a couple of salvos off and then windows launches into its 'creating an error log'.
                        The Egyptians aren't in that game, and all battleships are Persian. Are you sure you got the right sav?

Comment

Working...
                        X