Destroy Fortresses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Destroy Fortresses

Is there anyway to pillage/destroy/remove fortresses?

Well, you simply pillage the tile, but notice that the fortress will be the last one to disappear, you may need a few units to do it in one turn.

Comment

just some thoughts....

It could be nice if there was an option of destruction of fortresses... In XIXth century European politics it was quite widely used. For example a condition of peace agreement in Prusso-French war in 1871 was that some of the French border fortifications will be destoryed and never re-created.
      BTW. Did anyone see AI to use fortresses?

Comment

Correct. AI miss' too many key actions.

For this reason it could be a nice idea to order a worker to piss on enemy Capital city walls.........Agree?

Comment

Re: just some thoughts....

Originally posted by wisecat
          BTW. Did anyone see AI to use fortresses?
          Yep!
          In my current game the Greeks built one on a luxury resource just outside their borders. I think they wanted to plant a colony onto it, but I founded a city on a neigbouring tile. Now Alexander has to pay for it

Comment

I saw Greece use them once. There was a tiny finger of land one square wide and 2 squares long between their country and the Zulus. They build fortresses and put their best defenders on those two squares so they had double protection.

Only case I've seen but at least it was a smart one. They traded cities back and forth on the Zulu side but the Zulu never punced through. Good thing too because Greece was my buffer to the Zulus who I was attacking on another front.

Comment

Working...
            X