State of copyright protection bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of copyright protection bug?

I've just received my copy of Civ III and am trying to play it on my laptop but can only get an intro screen and then it's back to desktop.

Anyway, I've got a Toshiba laptop with a 16 MB nVidia Go graphics card and a DVD/CDRW combo drive. I'm running a fully patched XP and have the latest drivers, BIOS, etc. I also downloaded and installed the lastest Civ III patch. All of this was for naught as I still can't get past the intro screen.

I've been exchanging emails with technical support but haven't gotten anywhere. So is there a work around that I need to be aware of? Will there be a patch correcting an overprotective software protection scheme?

I searched the forums but didn't find a satisfactory answer. So sorry if this is old news.

Thanks.
    Brrr....

Yeah, they have a V1.07FA patch (that I got in the mail from them), but by the time I got it, V1.16f was out. Now they have the same kinda patch for 1.16f, but tech support doesn't seem to be responding to my emails...
    "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

I am having the same sort of problem but still waiting on a reply from Civ III tech support. Maybe they are really back logged. However, it still means that I am SOL for the weekend, more than likely.

Zaal
      Prime Minister of the Canadians

Comment

here ya go

Get the "fixed" .exe Right Here. Just came out today.
        Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

It is starge why moderators didn't closed this tread (or even deleted).

But if you ask me I would call this A NEWS ITEM (positive thing)

Still, this site needs to stay legal.

I guess that not all of as can be happy.

Comment

If anyone told me where to get "ace" archiver that can unace the thing, i would be very greatful to that person! I tried all the aces i could find (three versions actually) and none would unarchive that file... Thanks!

Comment

testing?

Has anyone tested this exe with the patch installed to make sure it reall works? Thanks a lot!
              DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
              EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
              AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by rentgen
                If anyone told me where to get "ace" archiver that can unace the thing, i would be very greatful to that person! I tried all the aces i could find (three versions actually) and none would unarchive that file... Thanks!
                www.winace.com
                It is shareware.

Comment

Yep, it works.
                  Remember kids: The higher your post count or the faster your computer, the larger your penis!

Comment

Working...
                  X