Benefits From Railroads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Benefits From Railroads

Is it possible in the editor to turn off or modify the benefits to mines and irrigation from a railroad?

As far as I know, the answer is no. The effects of railroads do not seem to be included in the bic file and therefore can't be changed in the editor.

Comment

Thanks Nero. I'm unfamiliar with the games construction. Does this make it unlikely to be a feature which could be added to the editor in a future patch?

Comment

Not necessarily, in the last patch (1.16) they added several new fields to the bic file and updated the editor to allow you to change them. I suppose it depends on how important Firaxis think it is to allow editing of that feature compared to all the other enhancements they would like to make.

Comment

I haven't played with the editor much, but if you want to eliminate railroad from the game, you can do it a couple different ways (without depending on Firaxis to re-code it): Change the tech tree, or make its requirements much steeper (or impossible) than just coal and iron.

If you're looking to accomplish the movement of railroad without the food, shield, trade improvements, then I can't think of anything...

Comment

Working...
          X