May be a new bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• May be a new bug?

So I'm in the editor trying to change the way the AI handles roads (I credit Venger with this idea). I remove the commerce bonus from the Terrain tab in the editor. However, it appears as if the AI ignores this change (note too that the food bonus on the ingame shot is different than what is present in the editor), and tiles still receive the commerce bonus, even if set to 0. This game was played modifying ONLY the Terrain info tab, and on the latest patch.

I've uploaded my screenshots from ingame and from the editor...can't figure out how to upload images without sending them as a zipped file, though

Has Firaxis or anyone seen this?

Thanks,

T
    Attached Files

Firaxis? Has any one seen this?

T

Comment

Changes made to the terraform bonuses entries for food and shields seem to work, whereas I'm not sure about roads.

I do know that setting the food terraform bonus to zero for a terrain will disallow irrigating that terrain, and setting the mining bonus to zero will disallow mining that terrain, but setting the commerce bonus to zero will not remove the ability to build roads on that terrain. I've submitted this as a requested change, so hopefully it'll be addressed in the near future.

Dan
      Dan Magaha
      Firaxis Games, Inc.
      --------------------------

Comment

Exactly what have you asked for?
        To stop the AI from building roads other then to build the trade network, or to disallow roads if the commence bonus is set to 0? (Hopefully the first option).
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Dan:

Thanks for answering. It seems as if the commerce bonus--even- if set to zero--is still applied to that terrain square if a road runs through it; is that by design?

Also, if you notice the screenshots, the in-game shot shows a Food of +2 on a floodplain square, while in the editor, the bic file shows a 3 for food for that terrain square. Shouldn't the in-game shot reflect a 3? This would be for section "Tile Values" next to "Terrform Bonuses"

Gramphos: What I hope to achieve is limiting the AI from going road/railroad happy....I think Venger's point is to build roads from city-to-city or from city-to-resource, and leave out the rest of the "fluff"--then build an improvement called "Highways" or something to "improve" roads to gain a commerce bonus that way. I think you should still be able to build roads in those areas that are "commerce zero", but hopefully this will limit the AI from going crazy with this improvement.

Thanks again, Dan.

T

Comment

*bump*

Comment

Working...
            X