Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling diplomatic agreements: AI only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling diplomatic agreements: AI only?

Hm.

The AI cancels peace agreements, rights of passage, trade agreements and fluff knows what else ... when they want, as they want.

I can't seem to find these options as EVER being available to me.

Am I missing something, or is this just another cheesy aspect of the 'game'?
    Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

At the bottom of the diplomacy screen (right under the portrait of the leader you are talking to) there are two options "new" and "active". By deafult "new" is selected, if you go to "active" you can cancel or re-negotiate existing agreements. BTW, if there is a number in paranthesys next to the agreement, it means that the treaty is not expired yet.

Comment

When you start negotiations with some civ look for an "Existing" button at the bottom of the bargaining table. It gives access to the list of all agreements that exist between you and that civ. To re-negotiate any of them click on it and it will go on the bargaining table. If you want just to cancel it - remove it from there and finish negotiation. Otherwise you may try to bully that new civ into better terms.
      Note: some of the existing agreements will have numbers in brackets next to them. Number indicates how many turns are left till the 20-turn limit. Within this limit agreements can not be re-negotiated/cancelled peacefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilo
        At the bottom of the diplomacy screen (right under the portrait of the leader you are talking to) there are two options "new" and "active". By deafult "new" is selected, if you go to "active" you can cancel or re-negotiate existing agreements. BTW, if there is a number in paranthesys next to the agreement, it means that the treaty is not expired yet.
        OMG! I never knew that this existed! AWESOME. Thanks guys.
        Orange and Tangerine Juice. More mellow than an orange, more orangy than a tangerine. It's alot like me, but without all the pulp.

~~ Shamelessly stolen from someone with talent.

Comment

hehe, most good options are hided

Comment

Working...
          X