Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forbidden Palace -- when can you build it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forbidden Palace -- when can you build it?

Civilopedia says you need to have 8 cities in a standard size map to be able to build the forbidden palace. Anyone have the numbers for the other map sizes?
    ~Mengo

Bonus question:

If you hit that magic number of cities, then lose some cities and go back under the limit, are you still able to build the palace?
    ~Mengo

Comment

Yep, the answers are all in CivEdit. Under the World Sized tab. Tiny 12, Small 14, Standard 16, Large 24, Huge 32. This is the patched version.

I have every reason to believe that this is a combination of ALL cities, not just yours, and that the Forbidden Palace becoming available is a trigger, and there is no reason for it to become "untriggered".

That's my guess. What do I win?

Comment

if what you are saying is that you can build the forbidden palace in a huge map when the total number of cities of all civs hits 32, then you get nothing cuz i am currently playing in a huge map with all 16 civs and there must be at least 300 cities on the map and i still cant build it!

my guess would be take those numbers you wrote and divide by 2, the 8 for standard works (of course, this should be the number of cities *you* have, not all civs combined). i currently have 15 cities and no plans for expansion, but when i culturally capture a neighbor we shall see if 16 is the magic number for huge map.
        ~Mengo

Comment

Working...
        X