No announcement yet.

UTILITY: CPT - Civilization Placement Tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Marla Singer map on this forum, and on Civfanatics' comes with a CPF-file, that defines the location for the civs, and shall be enough to get it working.

The utility modifies the save game of 4000 BC and moves the starting units according to the CPF-file.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Hi Gramphos,

Nice work of you, that bring to us the CPT. I already download the latest CPT that works with v1.21f patch. But still I have a question for you.

I have modified the standart earth map that come with the game. I make same changes with the rules too. I replace The Aztec (No country name that, these days) with Indonesia (My beloved country, the 4th largest population of the world), I also replace Iroquois (no country called it, either) with Brazil (The largest country in south America), and i replace Zululand (same reason, no country named like that) with Zimbabwe (frankly, I don't know what country to replace Zululand, but the capital is the wellknown country in Africa, so I choose that). I also move 3 civs out of the map, which are Greeks, Egypt and Persia, cause this is standard map, I don't want to be so crowded. I also change some rules, so The islands civ, like England, Japan and Indonesia can discover MapMaking technology earlier than others.

Then I start the game by playing as Indonesia, of course. I cheat a little by placing 3 workers, instead 1 worker. Then I saved the game, then i use your magical CPT, to change the civ starting location to the right spot. And the civ I play, is still on the same spot like before ! So I tried again, but this time, I only put 1 worker, and your CPT do it, my civ now on the correct spot.

Now, I realize that I can't cheat with your program. Do you know something I don't ? Pleaseee... let me do the cheat...

Comment

I'll check on it in a week when I'm home. I don't think there is a limit to just move one worker.

Comment

Excellent Work!

I just needed to thank you as well for a very well-written program. I've been frustrated with playing various Earth-scenarios and having Germans starting where Washington, D.C should be and this solves that problem. A very necessary addition to my growing collection of Utilities and mods
          A proud citizen of the Civilization III Democracy Game.
          A proud member of the Imperialist Party of the United Front Coalition.
          "The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today; let us move forward in strong and active faith." - Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Comment

Hi Gramphos -

I just downloaded 1.29f, and tried starting a new game on Marla's map using your program v0.4.6, and the CPT just stalls.

It says:
            Civ3Breed v0.4.6
            --------------------------------
            Found: '..\SAVES\FIX.SAV' 'WORLD113.C3B'
            Created: '..\SAVES\FIXED.SAV'
            C3B file accepted
            Let's scratch together baby!
            Processing UNIT blocks
            Found 0 units
            Processing WRLD and TILE blocks
            Map is 46024274x2182 which is 820359030 tiles - undoubtedly

And never gets to 'Done'. If you give up and try to load the FIXED.SAV file, it doesn't work.

Those numbers sound a little weird, too...

Comment

You realize, of course, that with 1.29f you don't need the CPT anymore? There's an option in the editor to place all of the civs.

Comment

What trip sais. CTP was a great utility, but since the reason for it no longer exists it will not be updated any more.

Comment

Yeah, since there's 1.29f patch, we don't need this CPT anymore, but It was a really great tool, and thanx to Gramphos. And just forget my question, that you have never answer, I don't need it anymore.

Comment

Thre is still one thing I can do for this tool...

Since the tool was used by so many I've decided to share the source code for it. It's not the best structured code I have, and thre are almost no comments. But still I have dicided to release it. Maybe someone will take a look at it and start on his own utility for Civ3...

... and so might a new Era for CPT start as well.

Oh, and let's see... I'll have to add some restrictions here...

So: You may not sell any program based on this code, or sell the code itself. Othrethen that use it for anything you want

Oh, and I sall by no means be held responsible for waht tis code does alone, or in combination with other code.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Oh, and FYI the code is as late as it reads compressed saves (and that's probably the most useful part of the source (which actually isn't written by me, but just improved to support big files))

Comment

nice code

i downloaded it just to see what i might be learning in my future c++ courses. i certainly hope i can manipulate programs once i have all my tools
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Hmmm I could have sworn you used VB originally to make the tool, but this is actually better for me, considering that I only know c++ (and pascal but I don't go around advertising that lol). Anyways, what compiler and IDE do you use? How long have you been programming in general and specifically in C/C++?

Ninot, for your first c++ you won't be getting into anything like that. That is Win32 stuff along with C++. You'll be using console, in which case your first program should be like this (that's if the teacher teaches you properly!)

the way the teacher should teach you
                          [ code ]
                          #include

using namespace std;

int main()
                          {
                          cout << "Hello world";
                          return 0;
                          }
                          [ /code ]

or

[ code ]
                          #include

int main()
                          {
                          std::cout << "Hello world";
                          return 0;
                          }
                          [ /code ]

that should give you a more accurate understanding of what you'll be doign...of course you'll get into more complicated programs but nothing like Gramphos's.

EDIT: the code tags won't allow me to show "< >" so i had to take them out...mmmmm not cool!
                          However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

hi ,

Gramphos , shall you work on it the future when you have time , ....

or shall you completely abandon the CPT , ....

anyway thanks for the work and the release

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

CPT is not needed anymore. However, I had plans to turn it into a tool for seting the maps and FOW for each civ from a predefined file.

Comment

Working...
                              X