• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cheers for the update, keep up the good work

Pingu:

Comment

how to use

hey gramphos this is a question for you it probably seems stupid but here goes. when i open cpt it asks for a .sav file so i give it the one that i want then it asks for a .cpf file and i have none. how am i supposed to use it?(i'm new at this sort of thing) if it helps i am using a romanworld map standard size i think (i can't remember right now who made the map but it is on this forum). thanks

Comment

Well, you will need to create a CPF file (it tells the program where the civs shall start)

To do so the easiest way is to have the positions defined in the editor. Loas the map in Civ3MultiTool (the CopyTool part) and click Generate CPF. Then You will have to edit the CPF generated to have the correct ID and name for the civs.
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

gramphos

thanks for the help but i have yet another newbie question. once i save the .cpf file and use it (after it says "done!"), how do I edit the starting positions for each civ? thanks again

Comment

Load the generated file in notepad.
            Then you will see all the starting positions have
            Code:
            ID=-1
            NAME=UNCHARTED
            This is what you have to edit. The ID is 0 for the first civ in the dropdown lists in the editor (Barbarians) and counted up to 16.

Comment

thanks

just wanted to say thanks it worked perfectly now i just have to wait for that *expansion pack* with a scenario editor.

Comment

This tool is great! Keep it up.
                World War 2 Worldwide
                Muddy Flood Plains
                World Map

Comment

ready to patch for 1.21f?

Comment

Nope, jimmyh and I are working on decompressing the savegames. Before that I can't do any updates.

It might take another week to get everything ready, maybe longer. Compression saves diskspace, but it creates work (for sav-hackers).

Comment

Okay, thanks to chiefpaco, for finding an almost working decompression algorithm for the compression the DCL used, and to jimmyh for helping me modifying and testing it to work with Civ3 files, I can now decompress them. Finally thanks to Mike at Firaxis (or whoever made it possible to still load uncompressed saves (of the latest format) in Civ3) for that I don't have to make a compress function yet.

It's now working CPT 1.05!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Everything is working

Not only do you have CPT working, but it seems that with the new server I can download working files from Apolyton now.

Comment

Re: Everything is working

Originally posted by sieboldii
                          Not only do you have CPT working, but it seems that with the new server I can download working files from Apolyton now.
                          Well, the problem with downloading started with a move, so why wouldn't it stop with another?

Comment

w00t! I stopped playing b/c i erased all my old saves when my HD got full (amost 6 gigs of save files!!!!), and then updated with the patch. So I have been waiting almost a week for cpt 1.05 to come out so I can play the kittenworld mod again. w00t!

Comment

Argh... Can't download the file... What's wrong? All I get is "The page cannot be found"... :'(
                              "Build Ports when possible. A port gives you extra resources, as well as an extra tile for a unit to stand on." - Infogrames

Comment

HOW DO YOU DOWNLOAD THIS TO USE IN CIV EDIT????

I would be most grateful if you could explain how to download this into the civ edit. Because I have the Marla Singer map of the entire world and I want to place all the civs in their proper location. Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU

Comment

Working...
                                X