Which map are you looking for ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which map are you looking for ?

As you can see, there's already great world maps and Europe maps on apolyton. I know lot's of people want a specific regional map and I'll have soon time to create it. I just make that quick poll to know which one is the most important to do.

If no one listed interested you, vote for others and post a reply to tell which one you want. Merry Christmas!
    Mediterranean Sea
    24.00%
    North America
    16.00%
    Africa + Europe
    8.00%
    Far East
    16.00%
    Western Europe
    8.00%
    American East Coast
    4.00%
    Others
    24.00%

I want a Northern Europe map. (Denmark and above)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

i want the moon.

hmph.
      If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried

Comment

Map I want

Europe or modern day Russian Urkraine Map would be cool
        John Plavchan

Comment

Gramphos, I'll do your map of Scandinavia later, no worries, it will be my gift for all your help.

I'll be on Holidays next week (finally!!) so I think I'll do a map then, if not more people vote, it will be yours... or mediterranean sea... I dunno already.

Send me a file with all your requirements for the map (size, where it stops exactly, a .jpg map would be great also).

Comment

World huge maps alread exists ? Let's be serious, I'd like to get real good ones. Where can we find out ?

Comment

Supremus

Go in the civ3-files forum.
              There's at least 4 huge world maps and 2 normal maps. (There's maybe more, I haven't checked all threads)
              If you aren't satisfied about any of them, well, post a message in here, or on their threads... there are lot's of people who work to make these maps better and they all listen to your advices openly.

Comment

I would like a world map excluding the artic ocean so its impossible to sail north of asia and america.

Comment

A map of the Nothern Coast Of Africa would be cool to play on
                  John Plavchan

Comment

I would like to see a huge version of the pacific ocean basicly. I've already made a edited game where I changed the Japanese's special unit to their Yamamoto battleship (a nice upgrade might I add), and want to do some WWII in the Pacific Theatre. That would kick butt!

I guess I pull out some maps and build one myself, or at least try.
                    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I'm also interested about a map on pacific ocean for the wwII scenario.

Before, I didn't ever thought about it, but actually, working on the world map made me think it would be a lot more funny than I thought to build it. To go quick I could simply cut the world map and do a map with only the pacific part on it.
                      (ok I'm a freak... I like to make maps for civ...)

Anyway, I think next map will be a mediterranean map... as there's no dead line for this poll, you can continue to vote. I'll soon post a .jpg map of the med sea and people will be able to tell me specifications about it.

Beware ! I think it won't be a 256x256 map but a bit a smaller one... I think certainly of a 140x140 map which is already huge. I don't think it would be playable to get a 256x256 but it's true it's definitly better for a scenario... well we'll see. You can give my your advice about it.

Anyway, I'm not even sure it will be a square map. I think I'll do like norm's giga map of Europe, I'll make accurate horizontal/vertical distances which will give a bit a "crushed" aspect to the map. (that comes from the fact that tiles aren't squared but actually diamonds)

Comment

Here is the pacific map I could do in 1 hour:

It's a 115x256 map (height=256, length=115)
                        Attached Files

Comment

map idea

I love playing on archipelago maps, and I think a map of Polynesia (similiar to that Pacific map above) would make for a great challenge, especially with Civ3's harsh corruption rules.
                          Esquire

Comment

Has anyone ever done a map of the moon?
                            John Plavchan

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbean
                              Has anyone ever done a map of the moon?
                              Wouldn't be boring playing on a map like that, with no water at all? Unless you make sea those areas in the moon astronomers call "seas" or is it "oceans"? I don't remember right now...

Comment

Working...
                              X