Idea&Challenge: Current Unit Task Visualization Graphics Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea&Challenge: Current Unit Task Visualization Graphics Mod

Short of time due to finals right now I thought Id spit this out to anyone wanting a graphics challenge

How about a mod that places more visable elements to the unit graphics to indicate their current task. For example the "F" on fortified units or "I" on workers irrigating. Its a pain to guess what they are doing from the animations.

My proposal is to bring back a "shield" or just a "rectangle" type graphic wherein the current function can be indicated by a letter. For automated units perhaps the border of this could be greyed or something with what that automated unit is doing inside.

Does anyone else have any ideas how to improve visualizing the units current functions?
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

I don't have too much trouble judging what the workers are doing (there aren't that many possibilities, anyway), but this is a useful idea. I would also like to see how many turns remain for the action to be complete. As it is, having to left-click, select the unit for awakening, and then clicking on the never-mind button (twice) is just too many clicks.

Would it be possible to make the left-click popup display this information?

For that matter, the left-click popup could show the terrain, list its characteristics and improvements, information on units on that tile, and options for action (wake up, stop current action, load/unload, etc.) all in a single screen.

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Comment

Well its not just for workers, I want to see what units are fortified in open terrain (this can be hard to tell). It would also be nice to see if a unit has attacked yet in a turn.
      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Working...
      X