About Red Front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About Red Front

I really admired the Civ2 scenario and if even I'd spend pages to praise it, I wouldn't be just. Now I wonder if Alex the Magnificent and Captain Nemo will make a version of Red Front for Civ3?

Immediately when there is a decent scenario editor available, I guess.

/Norman
    Click here for Norm's Giga Map of Europe

Comment

I think that they've both retired from making scenarios
      'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
      - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Red front Ruled

I agree Red Front was my favorite Scenario on Civ II the art work was a step above the rest.I always played it as the Germans and power mongered
        John Plavchan

Comment

Well, I'm sure Alex and Nemo wouldn't mind if we upgraded: we're giving them credit. So anyone want to? I would, but I don't have the skill in Civ3 designing.
          Georgi Nikolai Anzyakov, Commander Grand Northern Front, Red Front Democracy Game

Comment

Well I hope they do conver it..I'd do it but I lack the skill. I suppose we just have to wait. I loved it playing as the russians, first retrating to the Volga and then slowly starting to push the germans back towards the heart of the Reich..and damit was hard when you played on marshall level, allways between the rounds you close your eyes not to see how much you lost, every unit of the red army was a drip of your heartblood. but of course I left the finns in peace .

Comment

How would you be able to?

-Wouldn't the Germans quickly lose their advantage when all the Russian cities start revolting and they lose their units?

-R.F. depends completely on its events file. There is no events in Civ 3.

-The neutral countries cities would get captured by 'cultural influence', disrupting the scenario. I don't think there is any way to turn cultural influence captures off?

-The 'partisan' doesn't exist anymore.
              "Wait a minute..this isn''t FAUX dive, it's just a DIVE!"
              "...Mangy dog staggering about, looking vainly for a place to die."
              "sauna stories? There are no 'sauna stories'.. I mean.. sauna is sauna. You do by the laws of sauna." -P.

Comment

Hopefully that stuff will be fixed in a scenario pack (which is needed to do even the basics of making this scenario [eg placing cities, units, etc])
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Great scenario, my favourite too. I hope they hurry up and sort the editor out, any idea when this might be done by?

Comment

Working...
                  X