Bombarding Units

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bombarding Units

I don't know if it was a game design or a bug (pre and post patch), or if this was posted already (if so, my bad ), but I notice my bombarding units can't attack a unit that was damage, even on the next turn. I've seen the AI use its artillery against my Vet marine in two consecutive turns .

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this?
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

You (or the AI) can't bombard units that only have 1 Hitpoint left!

Portugal
    Nation of: Magellan's (from Magellan's Expedition);
    Vasco da Gama (Discoverer of the Maritime path to India);
    and Pedro Álvares Cabral (Discoverer of Brazil in 1500)
    "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

Then it must be a bug, since the AI is ALWAYS doing this to me! Has anyone else seen this?

I am soooo tempted to cheat and the AI of each civ not to use those units!
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
        Then it must be a bug, since the AI is ALWAYS doing this to me! Has anyone else seen this?

I am soooo tempted to cheat and the AI of each civ not to use those units!
        Perhaps you have more than one unit stacked, and there's one that has more than 1 Hitpoint left! That you can do too!

Besides i think you can always bombard cities, even if the units in there have only 1 Hitpoint left! Of course they won't be destroyed, but the damage will go to the civilians and improvements!

Portugal
        "Every day Mankind fights a battle against Nature, forgetting if winning, Mankind will be among the defeated!"

Comment

No, I don't have more then one unit there, and its killing my units!

I am diffently thinking of preventing the AI from building these units if it keeps this up .

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
            No, I don't have more then one unit there, and its killing my units!

I am diffently thinking of preventing the AI from building these units if it keeps this up .
            Well...that never happen to me! I don't know what gives! Sorry!

Portugal

Comment

That's okay.

Perhaps there should be a patch to fix the bug or let the user kill damaged units

Comment

Working...
              X