Please help with 800x600 info!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help with 800x600 info!!

Anyone who has gotten the game to run in 800x600, could you please tell me what settings you have changed or things of that nature to get it to work? I have a laptop that runs at the highest 800x600, and I can't get it to go past the startup screen. I have tried it in both WinXP and in Win2000, and neither of them seems to work. Thanks a lot!!!
    DO, OR DO NOT, THERE IS NO TRY - Yoda
    EAGLES MAY SOAR, BUT... WEASLES DON'T GET SUCKED INTO JET ENGINES - Unknown
    AMBITION IS A POOR EXSCUSE FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE TOO STUPID TO BE LAZY - Unknown

The only time I have seen the game work in 800x600 on my machine is if I switch mid-game... Of course, it chops off all the good stuff at the bottom of the screen, so it's not much for effectiveness...

I'd hate to say it, but I think you're SOL.
    "You don't have to be modest if you know you're right."- L. Rigdon

Comment

i've been able to up my laptop's display (an 800*600 TFT) to 1024by768 by
      1) attaching an external monitor and setting this as the display
      2) changing display to 1024*768
      3)running civ
      4)switching to dual display (both LCD and external)

when i do this, i get a 1024*768 on the laptop (moving the mouse to the edge of the screen scrolls it around) - sort of a virtual larger display. Not all that great, but it scrolls really fast, so it might work for you

Not sure if you can get the same effect on your laptop without the external monitor (and hopefully you have a 2MB+ display adapter for the larger size) - good luck

Comment

I've had similar problems with running at 800x600 on my laptop. There doesn't appear to be a satisfactory way of resolving them, from the perspective of game playability. I have no difficulty whatsoever playing at 2048x1536 on my desktop workstation, though, and not being able to take Civ with me when I leave the house is probably a good thing, anyway.

fiveht
        cat /var/log/message | jive

Comment

Working...
        X