MOD: Stacking Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: Stacking Mod

Ok everyone. I'm guessing that most of the mods out there do this already but if you don't want any of that other stuff with it, I have the solution. I have created a mod where any unit, that makes sense, can build an army (no armies from nukes or other such things though, it would be stupid). I don't know if making an army with a boat lets it move on water or anything like that because I can't get that far in the game (hehe) so this may be a little buggy. Other changes are

1. "Immortals" changed to "Immortal" (DUH)
    2. Number of cities needed to support an army is now only 1 (might be 2 later)
    3. Leaders can now create new cities (by luring the people there with his charisma)
    4. Armies now carry 10 units
    5. It is impossible to make armies unloadable, sorry

If there are any suggestins, pertaining to the already made changes, please e-mail them to me at kstubenvoll@pinecrest.edu
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Emperor Aries; December 12, 2001, 11:50.

How did you change the number cities required for army?
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Simple, it is on of the options under the "General Settings" tab. It is usually 4.

Comment

off course, i saw it about 10 minutes after i logged off
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

NO, stackables would be good, but don't make units armies,
          make a loading unit like a Commander
          I mean by this a transport land unit, that can load 4 units.
          This way units can be unloaded too.. just give your army unit an unload button in the top right flag box.

Comment

Yeah, that's almost a good idea but 3 problems

1. The thing about stacking units is that they can attack together too.
            2. I would have to eliminate a unit since you can't make a new one with the editor
            3. Even if I did eliminate a unit to make it, I don't think you can keep it from becoming obsolete when the orginal unit would be.

Comment

This may sound simple/obvious, but can't we give army's the unload command in their options in the editor?

K
              "You are, what you do, when it counts."

President of the nation of Riis in W3's SimCountry.

Comment

Well the unload option dosen't seem to work with Armies, the unload button just dosen't appear when you edit it to.

Maybe i'll make a stack unit , I can make land transporter units but this dosen't let units fight together.
                It makes sense that you have to unload an army to deploy it.. like move all the units into position.. armies are generally vulnerable to attack while on the move.
                Looks like its not going to be easy.

Comment

Hmmm, interesting.

How about a 'truck convoy' unit that can load other ground units? I guess it's OK that it's vulnerable (just ask the Taliban).
                  Obsessed with reality... and what she can DO for me.

Comment

A few points:

1. I have found that some units (Transports primarily) cannot form armies.
                    2. Armies from boats don't move on the water (as I doubt Firaxis included naval warfare victory induced leaders)
                    3.Now any unit can form an army, right? Well I am now (I have tanks) cranking out swordmen (1 per city per turn) in half my cities and sending them to the other cities, where I form armies and disband them for 100 shields! Really helps put cultural improvements into this recently captured cities!

A cheat is what some will scream, personally it has given me a CHANCE in my games.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

any news on the further development of this mod?

any luck with the 'land transport' idea?

Mrwhereitsat:
                      why does disbanding swordsmen give you 100 shields? i don't get it?
                      Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                      Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                      Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                      Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Working...
                      X