City Names borders in odd places

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Names borders in odd places

I just installed the 12/8 1.16f patch (I wish they'd renamed the second one). I have Win98 SE and an Nvidia TNT2 video card. After I look in the advisors screen, when I go back to the main screen, the borders around the city name boxes are drawn about a tile or so below the actual name box. It's very distracting to look at. Anybody else seeing this?
    Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Hopefully I've attached a file showing the problem
    Attached Files
    Where are we going? And why are we in this handbasket?

Comment

Yes, I have this problem as well. It seems as the main map screen doesn´t update ("refresh") properly, leaving the borders of the city boxes visible where they shouldn´t be.

Ced.

Comment

I'm not sure what caused it but I have city name boxes appearing in odd places. It's usually just one box not necessarily near a city. I've seen the same size box on some of the advisor screens as well.

Comment

I ahve had this problem in Demographics screen with the first version of a patch, but a new version seems to fix this, as well as Foreign Advisor lines issue

Comment

I have the same problem (patch #2), I read in another thread (no link, sorry) that this seems to happen only in resolutions other than 1024x768.

Unfortunately I wasn't yet able to confirm that

Comment

I run the game in 1280x1024. I´ll try it in 1024x768 tonight and see if it still happens.

Ced.

Comment

Same Problem

I also have the same problem with the patch. I am running at 1280x1024 Win 98 SE Vodoo 3 256 RAM

Comment

O.k., did some testing:

This bug (which btw is triggered by accessing the foreign or military advisor) seems not to happen at 1024x768.

But I encountered it at 1280x960 as well as 1600x1200, so I think it's reasonably safe to assume that it appears at every res other than the standard 1024x768

Now, what to do? Look at large pixelated units and only small portions of the map or at ugly rectangles drawn all over the place? What a choice.

Oh, btw: The "settler survey radius" seems to be misplaced in the same way as the city name boxes.

Comment

The Settler radius IS also displaced, the misplaces boxes I can sort-of live with for now, but it is difficult to judge if your settler is where you want it with all these boxes in the wrong place

What is with this 1024x768 crap I didn't buy a good monitor to use resolutions for the visually impaired
                    Attached Files
                    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
                    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
                    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Comment

Working...
                    X