Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What new city styles would you like to see?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What new city styles would you like to see?

I'm in the process of making a Future city style. Any other styles people looking for?

Strange thing though... each of the city tile .PCX files have a different palette. Annoying. Also, there's no line marking maximum hieght. Also annoying. I take it that existing max sized tile fills it, whatever it may be.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Citys

I think a American Modern with skyscrapers or maybe Europen one in the 1940s would be neat or how about a Island one with palms
    John Plavchan

Comment

I'd love to see extrapolations of how city styles might have evolved without conquest/colonization --

1. An Egypt with pyramid-derived skyscrapers.

2. Southwest Asian cities with skyscrapers reminiscent of ziggurats.

3. Cities where the highest building (akin to Paris & the Eiffel Tower) must be something uniquely monumental to that civ -- a gigantic minaret-style building (am I correct in thinking of just such a building in modern Malaysia?) for the local seat of government.

4. As with (3) cities where an emblem of local pride is always present -- e.g., Bablyonian cities with step-pyramid parks reminiscent of the Hanging Gardens.

5. Modern Gothic (think Batman movies).

Saluting inventive thinking,

Oz
      ... And on the pedestal these words appear: "My name is Ozymandias, king of kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!" Nothing beside remains. Round the decay of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare, the lone and level sands stretch far away ...

Comment

Incan Pyramid cities would be my first choice, but also maybe Anthills and Termite nests, Elven and Ewok Tree Villages, Dwarf Mountain Cities, Medival Castles, Cloud Cities (w/shadow), Old Western Towns, Mushroom Cities, Munchkin and Emerald Cities, Sweet Towns (lollipop buildings and so on), Toy towns, Star Trek/Star Wars type stuff, Dune, Prehistoric settlements, Ivory Towers, Ape City (from planet of), Las Vegas (neon lights and stuff) , Gothamish Cities, Space Stations (for those with ambitions to make a MOO mod), or combinations of the above.

Just a few ideas I had knocking about for Civ 2.
        "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

Good ideas, Ozymandias and Gromit. Cities don't seem to cast shadows, though.
          Also, I'd like to know two things...
          1. Can the game function with more than the 5 styles? Could more be defined, like in CTP? Thus making civ-specific ones more useful...
          2. Can the palette be changed on the file? Right now there is almost no blue in the palette.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Working...
          X