Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to play on Earth map with all correct locations in 30sec

Hey,

I'm writing in here because I guess many people want to play with all civilizations in correct starting positions. It's really easy to do so. That's why I won't post saved games, this way, you would play with the civilization, the rules and the difficulty level you want.

Marla's map has a tutorial in its zipfile that explains how to do so. I just show you how it's easy:

1- You save a game on marla's map in 4000 BC who cares where you start. You quit the game.
    2- You open the Save Game Editor from Gramphos Copy Tool. You load your game and then load the marla.cpf file included in both zipfiles. (copy tool and marla's map)
    3- It's done !

Explanation: the copy tool allows you to change units position. marla.cpf is a default positions file where every real position of every civilizations are already programmed, you don't have to do the job yourself, it's already done !

Civ3 Copy Tool from Gramphos:

Marla's map:

Note: You really need 30 seconds to do it and when you load your edited saved game, you're not in the black and you don't see the map where you used to appear on the first time.

WARNING: now that the map already contains a self extractor that install everything to put correct starting locations, this thread is useless. it would be great if the admininstrators could delete it.

Thanx
    Last edited by Marla; December 16, 2001, 00:11.

Here's a snapshot of the earth map I'm talking about:
    204x256 map, version 1.10 (5th version) - 16 civilizations
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marla; December 8, 2001, 18:09.

Comment

NOTE TO ADMINISTRATORS

Hey, you can delete this thread now that the map zip contains everything needed to put correct locations.

Thanx

Comment

Keep trying, they'll hear ya eventually...
        "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

Working...
        X