X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run anyway....

Dear all civ fans,

I guess I've a very serious problem...
    After my installation, I clicked the 'play civ 3' icon, but after a flash of the the page, it returned to the window again as if I'd not clicked anything.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled many times, but all failed to make it work. However, the editor is ok!!!

I'm sure it's not a disc problem as I tried to install and play it in my friend's comp and it worked well.

Then I've tried all the stuff in this forum, and none helped.
    Then, I copied the crack files in GameCopyWorld, the problem was gone, but I can't play the game. As after I entered the main menu page successfully, the words crash together and the fonts were not the CIV3 fonts.I clicked the new game button, after I finished selection of map, there's a error message and then it quits to window again!

I'm a Hong Kong people so the technical support team in www.ina-support didn't help me

Could anyway one so kind to help me?????????

My OS is Win 98, Pentium 800, 128 Mb RAM.
    THX!!!!!!!!!

I don't have any answer, but I just wanted to say you that with 800 MHz, your computer would perfectly use a 128 more RAM. RAM is really cheap... maybe about 25$ (american$)
    Go GalCiv, go! Go Society, go!

Comment

you might want to post this in the civ3help-forum as it gets more traffic (and is more ontopic) than this one...
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant emmekik mijn bloem verloren,
      In een hoerekotje aan den overkant bennekik mijn bloemeke kwijt

Comment

Ohh this little chestnut .. yes, it has happened on mine a few times also .. I also had that happen on my old PC with a few other sofware titles .. you click on the icon, the hard disk and CD spin to life .. you get a brief glimse of something starting .. and then back to windows you go ... wait to see ... and nothing .. eventually CD stops spinning .. and there's nothing in the process list ..

I resolved the issue (which hasn't come back since) by going to MyComputer, going to the CD and opening it up, then double clicking on the start icon on the CD .. hey presto .. it worked on my old PC and my new one ..

Specs -- Old PC was P3-350, 64Mb Ram, W98 sp1
        -- NewPC is P4-2Ghz, 256Mb Ram, XP-HE

both of them have DVD drives ...so I had always been a little suspicious of that .. Maybe its having problems reading the disk on occations (from cold spin) with it being that copy protect type of CD.. ???
        "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Other people have had problems with their fonts, I found one of the threads about this, maybe it will help: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...highlight=font

What is the error message you are getting when you try to start a new game?

-quinalla
          Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

I think the original problem was not being able to run the game (from the original CD) ..

There is no error displayed .. it just doesn't start ..
            "Wherever wood floats, you will find the British" . Napoleon

Comment

Originally posted by quinalla
              Other people have had problems with their fonts, I found one of the threads about this, maybe it will help: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...highlight=font

What is the error message you are getting when you try to start a new game?

-quinalla
              my error message is:

CIVILIZATION3 caused a divide error in module CIVILIZATION3.EXE at 0177:00575435.
              Registers:
              EAX=00000014 CS=0177 EIP=00575435 EFLGS=00010286
              EBX=00aac668 SS=017f ESP=00aa8474 EBP=00aac3f4
              ECX=00000000 DS=017f ESI=00000014 FS=49c7
              EDX=00000000 ES=017f EDI=00000001 GS=0000
              Bytes at CS:EIP:
              f7 f9 3b c7 7d 06 89 7c 24 18 eb 27 8b 4b 04 85
              Stack dump:
              00eb29d1 00aac3f4 00aaafcc 00aa98f0 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000

Thx!

Comment

I don't know how to fix this problem myself, but here are some threads that look like the same problem, I hope the patch will fix your problem, but here are the threads:

I found these by doing a search on "divide error" so if these don't solve your problems, hopefully other threads you can find this way will.

-quinalla
                Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Working...
                X