Bugs with civ-specific abilities disabled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugs with civ-specific abilities disabled

I've played a couple games with civ-specific abilities disabled (anticipating multiplayer ). It mostly works as I'd expect: no starting techs, can't build unique units. A nit pick: expansionistic civs can still build scouts. A bug: as the Americans, I got a golden age after building the Colossus. I think golden ages ought to be disabled along with civ-specific abilities.

Where do I change civ specific abilities?

I've been playing some games now and I don't remember when. But al of a sudden I didn't start with any knowledge or was able to bild the specific units. So I wonder how I turn it back again? I will search when I get home to the computer.

Valiant

Comment

Valiant - it's one of the options in the second setup screen (where you choose your civ and your rivals'). It is, I think, the last option in the group toward the bottom where you can enable/disable victory conditions.

Comment

Aha, I think I remember.

Thanks for the hint.

I think I turned it of because I wanted to play for a long time only with winning the space-race as the end of the game. I wonder if it can be on even if I dont want to win with, for example, culture? And I also wonder if it can be turned on later in the game?

Valiant

Comment

culture and civ-specific abilities have nothing to do...

and, no,the rules stay constant for the rest of the game AFAIK.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Working...
          X