MOD: Gromitmod.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOD: Gromitmod.

After much thought and stuff, I decided to make this mod more of a 'Mod' and less of a government add-on pack.

Details are in the readme below.

Found a bug: Don't select 'give them entertainment' until ceremonial burial. Alternatively, you could edit it yourself so that entertainers requirement is 'None'
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gromit; December 8, 2001, 06:57.
    "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Readme file
    Attached Files
    "Five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what has it produced? The Cuckoo Clock... goodbye Harold"

Comment

Hmm.. just wondering, did you get your nickname from Wallace & Gromit or is that just a common name there?

Comment

Riechstag patch

It actually IS my nickname, it's a long story how I got it...

Anyhow, here is a patch for the Riechstag civilopedia and wonder splas pics that are annoying absent in the mod. When the mist clears regarding city screen/view images, I'll put them here too.
        Attached Files

Comment

Oh, ok.. interesting nickname though (all I can imagine is that dog from Wallace & Gromit, but no offence though)

How does the worker help the barbarians? I mean do they bug you by building roads all over the place or clearing the forest or..? Interesting thought it's changed to red and romans to white. Wasn't it that colour in Civ II?

Comment

The nickname does have something to do with that particular dog, but anyway...

The colours were that way in civs 1 and 2 yes.
            The barbarian workers just sit in thier camps and are there encourage the AI to explore and hopefully the human player as well. Civs that capture a lot of barbarian workers early on grow quicker and they can even add them to thier cities. All this 'grace' at the outset comes at a price however, as later exploration is made MUCH more difficult by the Barbarian riders.

The workers thing also means that by the time you get to Industrial age, you have LOTS of workers. Which I think is more realistic. But that's just my opinion

Comment

Gromit is the name of a frequent talk.origins newsgroup poster...hehe

Comment

eh?

Comment

Here they are in one file.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately the whole thing is now too big to post but here are the cityview and build menu grafix.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Science Advisor Problems

Hey Grom, I like the overall concept of the mod, but am having some problems. When I go into the Science Advisor, the research path lines are all fubarred. I'm unable to click on anything, and have to close the app through the task manager. As an odd sidenote, in the Advisor screen, I see a pic of each citizen type (scientist, taxman, and entertainer) in a diagonal. Odd.

Any ideas?

Oh, btw, when I load a normal game, it works fine. *shrug*

Comment

As far as I can gather, the science line fubar effect is a 'bug' in the game as (and don't quote me on this) is the not being able to select stuff. Not sure about the whole having
                        to close with taskman though, never had that one. Could you try to give more info?

With regards to the citizen icons, I am currently working on a way to sort that. It's a small but irritating thing don't you think? I think it's because there's no 'tech tree' image for them like there is for units and so on.

Comment

Well, I needed to close it out with the taskman because I couldn't get out of the Science Advisor screen. I imagine I could have exited had a tech already been selected, but I have a tendency to go to the advisor immediately after I build my first city...in other words, I don't wait until the next turn for a pop-up to prompt me for my first tech. I guess I don't like wasting a turn, heh.

To be a little more specific, when I go into the advisor, I don't have -any- tech chosen, and if no tech is chosen, it won't let you leave the science advisor screen. "Our people need direction!" pop-up appears, or something similar. Esc doesn't get me out, nor does clicking on any other advisor. So, enter taskman, as it were.

Comment

hmmm.... ya got me there. Sorry dude, I wish I could help ya.

Comment

Working...
                            X