Apollo Program Wonder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apollo Program Wonder

I am a first time player of Civilization and just finished my first game of CivIII. I played at the Chieftain level as Alexander of the Greeks with the winning options of "Allow space race victory" ON.

My problem was that I was never able to complete the "Apollo Program Small Wonder" even if I had discovered "Space Flight" and had access to "Aluminum" as specified in the Civilopedia.

The Wonder appeared in the production list of my cities but was underlighted (grayed). I could never select it as the current production item but I could add it to my production queue and as soon as it came to it's turn it disappeared from the queue. This situation never changed between 1987 and the mandatory retirement in 2050.

What am I missing ? What should I have done ?

The wonders (and small wonders) are greyed out if another of your cities is already building it. Maybe you should load a save game and check if that's the case.

Comment

Thank you for your answer it really helped and sorry for the delay to reply but I first had to deal with the "goner" virus.

There seems to be a "bug" or rather an idiot-proof option for first time users like me not available in the production queue. What happenned is the following :

- with the shift button the Apollo wonder became a valid selection and I added it to several production queues because I did not remember that only one city could build it

- since it was multi-selected it then became not available as the first item of any of the production queues

- as soon as it came up for production in any of the queues it was taken out because it was already selected in other queues

As soon as I deleted it's selection in all the queues the Wonder became available for production again and I was able the produce it in a few turns.

Comment

Working...
      X