Ships not healing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ships not healing!

I have a few battleships that are damaged and they never heal. Are they not supposed to? can they only heal in cities with coastal fortresses or what?

I've noticed this problem with galleys. The manual says that they will heal in a single turn in cities with harbors; otherwise like other military units, they will regenerate as long as they are not "within the cultural border of a foreign civilization." The small wonder Battlefield Medicine allows healing anywhere.

Comment

I have yet to see a naval unit heal if it is not in a city, as a matter of fact in my last game I forgot about damaged ironclad and it never healed. I think the Battlefield Medicine wonder only works for ground troops.

Comment

Yes, naval units can only be repaired in cities with Harbours.

Comment

Originally posted by HugoHillbilly
          Yes, naval units can only be repaired in cities with Harbours.
          so even if they aren't in the cultural borders of an enemy civ, they cant be healed? you sure about this?

Comment

Originally posted by ElitePersian

so even if they aren't in the cultural borders of an enemy civ, they cant be healed? you sure about this?
            Empirical evidence indicates they only heal in a harbor. I even tried resting a damaged ship 1 square outside of one of my cities... no dice. If you played civ2, remember the port facility served this function... like barracks for ground units. I don't think there is a port facility now, so harbors serve the purpose.

Besides, this is more realistic. Think about the USS Cole. They had to bring it back to the US and put it in drydocks to repair damage. Injured people (like most ground troop units) can heal most anywhere, ships and planes need special facilities.

Comment

Working...
            X