Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• finished healing autowake, aka SENTRY

Do units need to be fortified to heal?
    (, just asking because I am under the impressions that this is the case.)
    Which leads to, How can I let units which are healing in CITIES (such as my cavalry) automatically wake up once they are fully healed (like sentry in civII)?

I really seem to have noticed that units healing fortified in cities do NOT wake up after finished healing (or am I mistaken?)...

(edited for clarification)
    Last edited by Be Quicker; December 4, 2001, 07:12.

Well, units heal as long as they don't move at all that turn, so it's good enough just pressing the space bar to skip their turn - but if you want them to "rest until healed", you can use the fortify command. They will then stay fortified until healed, then wake up and await your orders again.
    This is not the same functionality that people want the Sentry command back for, however - sentry was nice for setting units on guard until an enemy unit entered their view, allowing you then to attack with your unit, helping you not to forget when the map is large and your units are numerous along your front lines.
    Very useful for sea units as well.

Definitely need to get sentry back.

Comment

Thanks for the answer.
      And I did not know that pressing space is enough.

But I did not actually write my question correctly down (Sorry for such sloppy phrasing ). So let me try again:
      They do not wake up when they are fortified and finished healing in a city? Because I always forget that I have put some cavalry units fortified in a city to heal. So after they are healed they stay fortified in that city, meaning that I forget I ever had them.

Comment

i think the manual states that whne you fortify a unit in a city to heal, it wakes up when it is healed. Perhaps this only applies if the city has a barracks? im not too sure.

Comment

OK. I'll try it at home. Just explicitly for the purpose of observing what happens. Do units finished healing in cities wake or not wake? it is at least frustating if your phalanx would continiously wake during sieges and you would have to refortify it.

I am curious now, whether I am mistaken or not.

Comment

I miss that "Sentry" mode so much, however, you do have the "load" button now for ships.

Its tempting to hit "fortify", after all the Veteran and Elite units have to sepend several turns to get back up to full strength.
            xane

Comment

I do not know what does manual say on this topic, but we all know that manual was done b4 final changes to the game
              Anyway, units that are fortified in a city seem not to wake up when healed - seen that during my last war with the Indians

Comment

Yes, I also miss the sentry command very much. It was perfect for guards.

I don't think that fortified units awake when they are fully healed.

Comment

Working...
                X