HELP - DataIO - CITY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP - DataIO - CITY

I'm playing on a huge world map, going for a military victory, I currently own about 60% of the map, and have over 200 cities, my save file is up to about 4.3 meg, and now it won't load. I've had to go back to the previous year twice, and I keep running in to the same problem.

I have the same problem.

I am playing a large map with 12 civs, and I am in 1720. My game is going rather well, so I am not a happy camper. My save game is about 3.2 Mb.

I had this problem for the first time in 1640 or so, reloaded from an autosave. But now (1720) all five of my autosaves have the same problem as well.

Comment

I believe the problem is caused by the last settler of a civilization being killed at sea, or something like that. The savegame alteration utility can fix that for you, I think. I read about it on the Civfanatics newspage, you should look there.

-Sev

Comment

Yes, sounds like that could be my problem, I killed the russians last turn except for a settler on a galley I didn't know about. I'm not familiar with the civ fanatics forum though, is it www.civfanatics.com? I'll give that a try, as a guess.

Comment

Just to confirm, that's exactly right it just happened to me my battleship blew the last persian settler in a caravel off the face of the earth, all save games after that buggered.

Learned at civfanatics.com that the patch will fix this and the save games will work again apparently, but only for datalO CITY errors.
          Last edited by Vympel; December 4, 2001, 08:23.

Comment

Civ3CopyTool v0.73.5 and later can correct this error. Just load the SaveGame in the SaveGame Editor, and save it.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

A heartfelt thank you to Gramphos!

The aztecs can continually their campaign against the uncouth French, the DataIO bug has been stamped out.

Comment

Working...
              X