Captured Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captured Workers

Well, I suppose it's common knowledge that captured workers work slower than your own one, but does anyone know at what rate exactrly? (I always have teams of workers, mixed - my own +captive from various places, so I was not able to find this rate...)
    Also, population in captured cities can be assimilated, how about captured workers?
    Any ideas?

I think workers go half the speed they normally would when captured. Don't know about you other question.

-quinalla
    Jacob's Law "To err is human: to blame it on someone else is even more human."

Comment

Re: Captured Workers

Originally posted by wisecat
      Well, I suppose it's common knowledge that captured workers work slower than your own one, but does anyone know at what rate exactrly? (I always have teams of workers, mixed - my own +captive from various places, so I was not able to find this rate...)
      Also, population in captured cities can be assimilated, how about captured workers?
      Any ideas?
      it seems to me that 'local' worker work twice as fast as the 'foreign' worker.

you mean can the captured worker join your city?? if that's your Q, the answer is yes.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Magician, but I actually tried to ask whether captured workers ever become completely yours i.e. start working at a normal rate - after all city population does get assimilated.

Comment

Thanks for replying, Magician, but I actually tried to ask whether captured workers ever become completely yours i.e. start working at a normal rate - after all city population does get assimilated.

I've had captured workers work for my civ for thousands of years without ever changing nationality. Even with the highest culture ratings and their original civ beeing long gone. All of their nationals were absorbed into my culture but the workers kept their nationality.

Whenever I capture enemy units now, I make them join my bigger cities where my culture is high. I then produce a worker of my own civ to replace him. (all it takes is one turn if your production is 10 or greater) This way my workers are always the fastest they can be. Ends up saving you allot of turns in the end + eventualy those foreign workers that have joined your cities will be absorbed. (everyone labourer in your city produces the same) The only drawback is keeping them happy is a little more challenging!
          Go BIG or go home.

Comment

In my experience, the workers have retained their original specs. When I capture French workers as China, they work the same as mine. (We are both industrious.) But when I capture English workers as France, they are woefully slow. At least compared to mine.
            "Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatum." — William of Ockham

Comment

In my experience, I can be at war with a neighboring civ, and if that civ captures one of my workers, and I immediately (Next turn) recapture that worker, it retians the LESSER advanced civs qualities.

If I am modern, and an ancient civ caps one of my workers, and I cap the same worker back, I am not really returning my own worker, I am getting that ancient worker...

Kind of a rip-off. Oh well, I use them in diplomacy, and trade, or to build up cities...
              "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledge hammer."
              - Major Holdridge, 1994

Comment

In the F3 summary screen, in the heading above the captured workers section (the ones that I have captured--not those captured from me), there is a indicator of "Gold(0)". (At least, mine is always zero!) Anyone know what that indicates?

Comment

Working...
                X