Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compared to Call to Power 2 (With Mods)

Can any of you expert Civ games players let me know in which ways Civ 3 is better than Call to Power 2 (With Mods)
    Is it a significant step forward?
    Thanks.

Oh dear.. I read 'except' rather than 'expert'! Changed the meaning quite a bit. My bad.
    Last edited by Raging Mouse; December 2, 2001, 14:49.

Comment

You'll probably get a flood of responses if you post this in the Civ-General forum.

Comment

Compared to CTP2 with mods, I'd honestly say: get CTP2 and forget about Civ 3.

Comment

There's not really much you can do in CTP2.. it's pretty much for the brain fried who don't want to bicker with strategy. I have never lost a game in CTP2, not to mention any units and bought most AI cities with pretty pennies.

On the other hand, Civ3 AI can and will beat the hell out of you. Civ3 goes a long way further diplomatically, and gives you PLENTY of stuff to worry about even at peace time.

So in terms of challenge, Civ3 is your game.

P.S. Not to give you the impression that civ3 is golden. It towers over CTP2 but it is a bit disappointing.. hopefully, the MP game or the mod game (ToT2? hehe) will make me happier. Civ3 is a great start, but they missed too much for my taste (I'm not talking about the bugs either).

Comment

Originally posted by DK36
            There's not really much you can do in CTP2.. it's pretty much for the brain fried who don't want to bicker with strategy. I have never lost a game in CTP2, not to mention any units and bought most AI cities with pretty pennies.

On the other hand, Civ3 AI can and will beat the hell out of you. Civ3 goes a long way further diplomatically, and gives you PLENTY of stuff to worry about even at peace time.

So in terms of challenge, Civ3 is your game.
            I agree absolutely!
            Always played CTP2 (MedMod) at impossible level and always got absolutely dominant in the industrial or modern age.

Now I'm playing Civ3 at regent level and mostly struggle with survival, let alone winning. I love it!

Don't misunderstand me! I liked CTP2 very much and especially the modded versions had a lot of things better than Civ3 (stacked combat, great variety of governments, ...), but Civ3's AI is a completely different league!

Comment

Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
              X