start Loactions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• start Loactions?

I got Civ3 a couple of days ago and havent been able to work the editor. How the hell do you make people start in thr right places? I played as the english and ended up in Brazil! How do i set the locations?
    Trying to build a Space Civ mod....

Is it even possible to set start locations for civs? Some peopleseem to infer that its not whilst others seem to take it for granted! Whats the situation.
    Trying to build a Space Civ mod....

Comment

No, you cannot set starting locations for specific civs. You can only delete them. Which starting location each civ gets is randomized every time you load the map for play. But really, don't even bother with CivEdit if you want to make a scenario. You can't make a scenario where there are cities and units and you can't even set where each civ starts. So whats the friggin point of being able to make a map? Because historical maps are completely out of the question. Their own Earth map doesn't even have starting locations. What the krud are Romans doing in Central America? I'll stop now before i get an ulcer, but good luck to you.
      ugh crud, why won't they fall prey to my Machiavellian schemes?

Comment

Hey System,

Download my map and you'll understand everything
        We must use the Civ3 Copy Tool from Gramphos to edit starting locations (I've heard there's other editors too). We can't do it with the common civ3 editor given with the game. I've included a short tutorial to my earth map to explain quickly and clearly how it works.

Click here to download my map:

here's the mini map of it:
        Attached Files

Comment

You can also you the Save Game Editor. I forgot which thread it's in.

Comment

Working...
          X