• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lock Up's. Is there a way to fix em?

I have a:

PIII 533.
    128 MB SDRAM
    30 GB Hard Drive
    Intel 810 Chipset updated to most current drivers.

I continue to get random lock up's. I enjoy the game but it locks up forcing me to do a hard start. I know there have been other posts about these lock up's but I have tried all the answers. I have updated all my drivers, de-fraged my HD, shut down everything but systray and explorer, changed my video contorl to the 2nd from the left and none of this has helped.

Is there a patch coming out to fix this? Or is it something I am missing? Please help.
    Justin J

If this helps, I had the same trouble using Windows 2000, so I installed the game over a "just in case" Windows 98 that I keep in my HD and all problems disappeared.

Comment

Yes, a patch should be forthcoming this week.

What video card do you have?

What OS are you running? If it's Windows xxxx, go to:

windowsupdate.microsoft.com and run the product updates to patch your machine up (including DirectX 8.1).

Comment

Originally posted by R Daneel Olivaw
        If this helps, I had the same trouble using Windows 2000, so I installed the game over a "just in case" Windows 98 that I keep in my HD and all problems disappeared.
        I run Windows 2000, also, and have never had the game lock up my machine. In fact, the game itself has gotten "stuck" only once for me, keeping me from exiting a City Window.

More than likely, it's a DirectX or video driver issue.

Comment

Thanks

Oops, I forgot to add that. I am running Windows 98 Second Edition.

My video card is an Intel 810 chipset with 11 MB of dynamic video memory. I updated it to the most current drivers.

Thanks for the info on the patch. I hope it fixies my problem. I have done everything I could think of to get the game to work.
          Justin J

Comment

I thought about Directx 8.1 but didn't work. Anyway, I'll continue playing it on Win98 until the patch appears...

Comment

Working...
            X