Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Railroads and other glitches (Omissions?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Railroads and other glitches (Omissions?)

To all:

I installed my game off the CD and have run into a few common problems:

1. Railroads don't appear after I research steam power. I don't mean that the "R" or "Shift-R" commands don't work but it doesn't even appear on a worker's menu. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn of MOBILIZATION. Does anyone know how to do it. I looked in the manual and couldn't turn up heads nor tails.

3. How does one access the TOP 5 CITIES screen?

4. My games seem to only let me upgrade units at my capitol. Is this the only place that upgrades can be built?

5. Where can I download patches? I looked at the Firaxis site and if it's there, I missed it. Please help. I also looked at the Infogrames site.

Best regards,
    Maksim-Smelchak.

1- you can only build them if you have coal and iron
    2- make peace and it will go back to normalcy automatically
    3- retire
    4- you need barracks in the city where you want the unit to be upgraded and you need the appropriate ressource
    5- not released yet

Comment

Re: Railroads and other glitches (Omissions?)

Originally posted by Maksim-Smelchak
      To all:

I installed my game off the CD and have run into a few common problems:

1. Railroads don't appear after I research steam power. I don't mean that the "R" or "Shift-R" commands don't work but it doesn't even appear on a worker's menu. Does anybody have an idea how to fix this?

2. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn of MOBILIZATION. Does anyone know how to do it. I looked in the manual and couldn't turn up heads nor tails.

3. How does one access the TOP 5 CITIES screen?

4. My games seem to only let me upgrade units at my capitol. Is this the only place that upgrades can be built?

5. Where can I download patches? I looked at the Firaxis site and if it's there, I missed it. Please help. I also looked at the Infogrames site.

Best regards,
      Maksim-Smelchak.
      [list=1][*]You need access to Iron and Coal to be able to build Railroads.[*]I believe mobilisation stays in effect until the war ends. If you Mobilised without going to war, I think you have to start a war and end it in order to end Mobilisation.[*]F11 displays the Demographics/Top 5 Cities screen.[*]Units can only be upgraded in a city with a barracks.[*]There are no official patches yet. Firaxis have said there should be one soon (perhaps in the next few days). I expect it will be on www.civ3.com and probably other sites (like this one).[/list=1]

Comment

Working...
      X