Sloooww

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloooww

Great game but play it with a book in hand (and not the manual)..here goes :

P4 1.5Ghz, 512 MB, Creative Live 5.1, Geforce2MMX (64 SDRAM), 80 Gigs ATA 100, i changed back to my previous driver after the detonator 21.83 fiasco..

So you think that machine has enough juice to run Civ3? Think again..after 60 turns or so the speed drops to a deadfall..i timed the time between turns and the record so far stands at 14m36s..also the game is crashing (one of those kernel thingies errors..pretty much fatal). Are there any people out there suffering the same? Are you sure this is just a video card problem or have computers advanced rapidly overnight (while i was sleeping waiting between turns) so i currently hold the equivalent cpu power of the average ZX Spectrum?

I do hope a simple patch might fix this but i have a slight feeling it wont (a case of pessimistic self defense)..great game though BUT!....

What driver and OS? There's a known issue with the Detonator 4 drivers under XP - I think there are some other threads that touch on this, as well.

Comment

even people with 2 gz have to wait forever between turns
      Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

Actually, the game moves fairly briskly for me. In late game, I may have to wait more than a minute, but that is for dozens of units to complete their moves.

Comment

I run on W98SE (i will wait out the XP SE for upgrading platforms) and driverwise i reverted to the manufacturers defaults- MSI Starforce 631-fairly new so i guess the drivers are recent as well). The detonator 21.83 did some strange stuff in certain resolutions, but this is not related to Civ III.

Comment

Originally posted by othala
            I run on W98SE (i will wait out the XP SE for upgrading platforms)
            why? windows xp kicks a**!
            win 98 sux, i've NEVER had win XP crash on me.
            Project Leader of Civiliza, an Alternative Civilization game based on Civ 2.

Comment

Working...
            X