Video Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Problem

Compaq Presario Pentium III, 550 Mhz, 256 Mb RAM, Creative Labs Annihilator GeForce 2 Ultra 64 Mb video RAM, Diamond Monster II sound chip, Windows 98 (usually set at 1024 x 768, 32 bit, large fonts).

At 1024 x 768 on a Nokia Multigraph 447X 17" monitor, the LIST of Babylon's cities (about 60 of them), which was displayed when I asked, as a diplomatic action, to "Investigate City," was TOO WIDE. As a result, the names of the cities in the leftmost column (of the four columns) were hidden (off the screen); all I could see of that column was the price in gold that would be charged to investigate each city. I don't believe this to be a fault of my monitor or of my video card. I have the latest drivers for it. Everything else in the game works fine. So I think it's a bug. What do you think? Thanks. Gordon Ross
    StarGazer

I'd guess that the screen is not meant to show that much cities.

So technically it is a bug. (Meaning that I don't think it's the fault of your video card).

Maybe a higher res would help?

edit: I have no idea if this has any effect (doubt it) but you could also try using small fonts.

Comment

Not a technical issue. I've experienced this, too. Hopefully the patch will put in a simple slider bar when a civ's cities overflow the display area.

Comment

Originally posted by darthx86
        Not a technical issue. I've experienced this, too. Hopefully the patch will put in a simple slider bar when a civ's cities overflow the display area.
        Thanks. A slider bar sounds like a good idea.
        StarGazer

Comment

Working...
        X