Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this possible? Railroad mod...

Hi all talented modders,

I have a suggestion for a mod, which I am afraid that I can't make myself - but maybe you can?!

I am getting sick and tired of the ugly and unrealistic railroads destroying the scenery. So I thought about a mod like this:

- Change railroads so that they ONLY give a movement bonus. This way you would only need to build them between your cities and not in big ugly clusters around your cities. A tad bit more realistc, if you ask me... And not only realistic, but good for gameplay too, since pillaging a RR would then actually MEAN something!

- Add "advanced farms" and "advanced mines". These should have the same effect as a railroad on top of an irrigation or a mine has now: Add one extra food/shield. These could come with a new tech called "agricultural revolution", or something (perhaps the advanced mines could come with industrialization?).

Anyone?

Peace!
    -- Roland

They had something like that in SMAC, at least for the food; I believe it was called a Soil Enricher. Don't think there was one for mines tho.
    DarkMatter

As soon as men decide that all means are permitted to fight an evil, then their good becomes indistinguishable from the evil that they set out to destroy.
    -Christopher Dawson, The Judgment of Nations, 1942

Comment

brill idea ~~~
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I've been wanting to do this myself

I just had a look at the editor, and I can't see that it can be done.

In the worker jobs tab, there is nothing to edit what the railroads do.
        In the terrain tab you can edit the road but not the railroad.
        be free

Comment

In my mod i've tried to make this modification to the railroads a few days ago and i don't think it can be done unless firaxis lets us change the code somehow cuz i believe the railroad effects are all hard coded!
          "To live in peace you must take the war to the enemey"

Comment

Re: Is this possible? Railroad mod...

Originally posted by Roland Ehnström
            - Change railroads so that they ONLY give a movement bonus. This way you would only need to build them between your cities and not in big ugly clusters around your cities. A tad bit more realistc, if you ask me... And not only realistic, but good for gameplay too, since pillaging a RR would then actually MEAN something!

- Add "advanced farms" and "advanced mines". These should have the same effect as a railroad on top of an irrigation or a mine has now: Add one extra food/shield. These could come with a new tech called "agricultural revolution", or something (perhaps the advanced mines could come with industrialization?).
            Hmm, another CtP mod...

How 'bout starting a "Is this possible? Civ3 AI mod..." in the CtP(2) forum
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yeah, I do think CtP did certain things better - like railroads and stacked combat/movement. But Civ3 is better in most other respects, not "only" AI. For example, I love the concept of culture, and UU's. Trade and diplomacy is also much better in Civ3.

Peace!
              -- Roland

Comment

Working...
              X