Can you stop advisor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you stop advisor

Can you turn off the domestic advisor for the all cities, no more switching the builds please, no more asking me about building xyz instead of abc.

Like your other question:
    AFAIK: No.

But also hope for the patch.

Comment

The book talked about setting things for each city and then mentioned something about an empire wide governor, but I could not find one, oh well. It is painful at times.

Comment

right click onm city and then click on the governor,.. you can tel lhim to build only certain types of units/buildings and you cna make it for only that city, continent wide or nation wide
        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Rasputin: Yes, that's right. But you CAN NOT tell the governor to build "nothing" and instead let you decide.

So the answer to vmxa1's question still is: No.

Especially after building a unit, the governor even doesn't notify you of any changes he made.

Comment

I turned the Governer off on all things. It will default to a military unit, so you have to watch those, but I think Civ II was the same way. Otherwise I always pick out what I want to build.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Hawks
              Rasputin: Yes, that's right. But you CAN NOT tell the governor to build "nothing" and instead let you decide.

So the answer to vmxa1's question still is: No.

Especially after building a unit, the governor even doesn't notify you of any changes he made.
              same as for civ 2 if you dont do anything it will build the same thing agian and again, you know its completed a new unit becuase it is ready to move in your city upon complettion , so before moving it, open the city production window and change your next order ...
              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

same as for civ 2 if you dont do anything it will build the same thing agian and again
                REALLY? How did you accomplish this miracle? In my games it switches to something else when it's finished with what I've queued. Yesterday, it built a Spearman after finishing with the queue of Immortals that I asked for. Is there a way to have it just keep building what it's been building, without jumping around to whatever it feels like?
                "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Maybe repetitious, but: No, there is no way to do this.

It was in Civ2 that the same military unit was build endlessly.

In Civ3 the governor choses which unit to build next... no matter if you turn it off or not.
                  And normally the governor and I don't have te same opinion.

Comment

Yes that is what it does, builds what ever it feels like and will switch if it wants to and does not let you know. As was stated you must pay attention, if you go to move or fort the new unit and forget to change the build...... This is one reason I sometimes put cities on wealth, to prevent it from building junk. I would like a global switch command, to switch from wealth or what ever to unit or improvement when I get the new tech.

Comment

I also always wondered why no version of Civ (not even CtP ) displays a prompt for changing production after building military units, like it does for buildings?

Comment

Working...
                      X