I have a dream...............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a dream...............

Please tell me if this can be built, and if it can will somebody please build it.

I want a huge world map with 32 civ's. I want an epic saga game. I don't care how long it will take between turns.

Can this be done, am I a fool for asking, will somebody build it??

If you build it I will play it...............

don't think it's possible, the 16 player limit is hardcoded.
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

16 civs is quite enough for any normal games. Even on a giga scale map (256x256) you don't get much room to carve out an empire. In case we get a good program to make scenario's, a 32 civ option might be useful, to create something like a warring city-states game. On the downside I think 32 players would need quite a lot of system resources, especially later in the game with complicated empires and stuff....On my 1ghz, 256mb machine the enemy turns take ages in my current game with 16 civs on a uberhuge map. Really, the minimum system requirements were a bit lower than that.

/Norman
      Click here for Norm's Giga Map of Europe

Comment

Re: I have a dream...............

Originally posted by Bubba_B
        Please tell me if this can be built, and if it can will somebody please build it.

I want a huge world map with 32 civ's. I want an epic saga game. I don't care how long it will take between turns.

Can this be done, am I a fool for asking, will somebody build it??

If you build it I will play it...............
        Geez, a 32 civ game would be soooo slow! I tryed 16 at first and ended up waiting forever for my turn to come back up. I finally gave up and went back to the standard 8. A 32 civ game would take a week between turns.

Comment

Yes, thirty two would be fun and take a long time, but could it be done and on a map 512 x 512??? I would really like to try conquering a map like that.... and on Diety.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Thade
            Yes, thirty two would be fun and take a long time, but could it be done and on a map 512 x 512??? I would really like to try conquering a map like that.... and on Diety.
            Yes it would be great to play in such a way, I did play CTP with 30 civs but it sucked!
            It is however definately a requirement for scenarios.
            As for slowness, buy a 486 and play a turn everyday, thats what I did with CTP.

Oh yeah, I gave CTP to my dog as a frisbee after buying Civ3
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Working...
            X